Hull V Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Hull V Leeds

Post by ddtftf »

What a bad frustrating game, seen 14 not facing off the play the ball 6 forward passes and head tackles not given, we will never have good games with this standad of refs in the game .
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hull V Leeds

Post by Mike »

Very close table though. It's good almost anyone can beat one of the top 3 these days.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Rohan Smith speaking to ‘NRL contact’ as pressure grows at Leeds Rhinos

Rohan Smith is under pressure at Leeds Rhinos, following a string of below par performances. Leeds hung on to win against Suler League strugglers, Hull FC. However, the Rhinos’ performance drew criticism. Fans chanted for Smith’s exit at the end of the game.

Leeds host Super League’s bottom side, London Broncos, at Headingley on Friday night. The Rhinos will be without a number of first-team players due to a run of injuries. Anything other than a comfortable win against London will see the pressure mount further on Smith.

Smith seeking support outside of Leeds Rhinos

Speaking in his pre-London press conference, Smith admitted that he is seeking support from a group of trusted mentors as he attempts to turn the Rhinos’ growing crisis around.

He believes that every day is an opportunity to improve as a coach, and retains a belief that he can be a success at Leeds.

“I’m as hungry as I’ve been in coaching for a very long period of time. I made the choice as a very young man with no playing history to take on coaching.”

Smith is speaking to ex-colleagues in Australia to get advice on how to turn his fortunes around. Leeds is his first top-level coaching job. Smith coached the Bradford Bulls and North Devils, who both play in their country’s second-tier. He has also spent time on the coaching staff at Sydney Roosters and Newcastle Knights.

“I was speaking to someone at one of my previous NRL clubs in the last few days. They were saying what a journey the whole thing is and can be. Every day is an opportunity to try and go forward, to improve, to learn as an individual. I’m striving to get better.

I’m seeking support and expertise from people within the club and also some trusted mentors outside the club to help guide me through this period. I’ve got a lot of belief and a lot of hunger and desire to do well for everyone in the club, the fans, the board and most importantly do well for my own family and people that are close to me.”

Players feeling the tension

However, Smith and his players are not immune to the criticism of fans and pundits. Whilst the Rhinos squad remains united, the tension is growing inside the club. Smith explained that the Rhinos squad feel frustrated by their own performances.

“The players are working hard, they’re a very united, connected group and they’re frustrated with some of the aspects of our play or periods of our play.

“I think players just want to feel like we’re all in it together, the fans, staff, players, other administration, the board, everyone’s going in the same direction wanting the best for the Rhinos. So yeah, maybe we some do feel a bit of that tension around the place.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rohan-sm ... nos-90982/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

If you were a Leeds player, would you be impressed?