Wigan squad for Catalans (R10)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans (R10)

Post by NICKYKISS »

Cooper failed an HIA during the KR game.

On first thoughts, I’m slightly disappointed to hear Walters isn’t playing but when thinking about it, I do see the sense of playing him in the reserves. They’ll be able to get as many minutes in to him as they want in the reserves, where you’d struggle to get more then half an hour or so in to him in the first team.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm Cooper failed an HIA during the KR game.

On first thoughts, I’m slightly disappointed to hear Walters isn’t playing but when thinking about it, I do see the sense of playing him in the reserves. They’ll be able to get as many minutes in to him as they want in the reserves, where you’d struggle to get more then half an hour or so in to him in the first team.
Hopefully Walters will be in the team for the Huddersfield away game.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ide have thought it was a safer bet playing him v cats as i think Huddersfield will be a tougher game away.Obviously matty needs to see him first though.Who knows he still might play if hes 18th man
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:10 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm Cooper failed an HIA during the KR game.

Hopefully Walters will be in the team for the Huddersfield away game.
Hope so. If they can get 70/80 mins in him in the reserves, that should set him up for a crack at Huddersfield and then hopefully have him ready for the cup semi. We have a gem in Nsemba but one I don’t feel is ready for 80 minutes yet, so to have both available would be handy.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After last week's slow show MP will be looking to go with 17 who are match fit. I don't think Walters could be considered that at this stage.
The first 17 names on that list is pretty formidable. A fast start and faster game will be something we're all looking for.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 pm
jobo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 pm It'll be nice if he hits the ground running (so to speak) but let's cut Walters some slack and not expect too much too soon. He's going to be a huge asset but he may well need time to slot back in.

Saying he isn’t going to be in the 17 unfortunately.
Pity.
Welski

Post by Welski »

How confident are we all feeling after last week?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Tonight's team:

1 Field
2 Miski
3 Keighran
4 Wardle
5 Marshall
6 French
7 Smith
16 Thompson
9 O'Neill
10 Byrne
21 Nsemba
12 Farrell
13 Ellis

Substitutes
8 Havard
15 Mago
17 Leeming
19 Dupree
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Not very
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Another ineffective start by the boys. Need to liven up quickly. We still look one dimensional and a bit predictable at the moment
Referee needs to get a handle on some of the high/reckless D by the Cats!
Come on Wigan, let’s step it up!