Lam in the frame for the Bunnies job?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzie58

Re: Lam in the frame for the Bunnies job?

Post by fozzie58 »

By all accounts the bunnies football manager is coming over isn't he I wonder if his flight will stop in Hull to catch up with Willie Peters because to me he has NRL coach written all over him
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzie58 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 pm By all accounts the bunnies football manager is coming over isn't he I wonder if his flight will stop in Hull to catch up with Willie Peters because to me he has NRL coach written all over him
If they have any brains the appointment will be Wayne Bennett, mind you I hope he ends up coaching the Eels.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lam committed to Leopards amid NRL speculation

Leigh Leopards head coach Adrian Lam has said he "loves" being at the club after being linked with NRL side South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The 53-year-old led Leigh back to Super League in 2022 and won the Challenge Cup last year.
The Rabbitohs sacked former Wakefield and Keighley player Jason Demetriou last week after a poor start to the season.

“I’ve not had a phone call with them at all, and what I do know is that I love this club here at the moment," Lam said.

“Where we’ve taken it to over the last two and a half years has been incredible, and I’ve enjoyed every moment of it.

“There is a five-year plan that we have here at the club, and that’s on track for where it needs to be, so my focus is solely here.

“If something comes up from that way, as any normal person would do, you look at what the opportunity is and then make decisions moving forward from there.

“But I know that my heart is here at the moment, it’s been an amazing journey so far and long may that continue."

Lam had six years as a player with the Rabbitohs' rivals Sydney Roosters before joining Wigan Warriors in 2000.

The former Papua New Guinea international, who previously had three seasons as Warriors coach from 2019 to 2021, is out of contract with the Leopards at the end of this season.

The Australia assistant coach says that talks over a new contract are "ongoing".

"The priority for me is making sure we get the players that we want kept here and I think we're on track with that," he added.

"For me, I'm sure things will happen and finalises themselves in the next few weeks."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-leagu ... r3xyd6dr4o
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan