Ticketing shambles

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JARJAR

Ticketing shambles

Post by JARJAR »

Just when we thought matters had improved tonight's fiasco shows that the whole system is totally f@@ked.My father (85 years old) arrived in good time (7 oclock) to be told that my season ticket which is downloaded onto my phone was not valid !!!! (It worked OK for the previous game) and that I needed to go to the ticket office and get an "emergency ticket" from the somewhat arsey woman on the gate.My father had a printed ticket (he doesn't have a mobile phone and still can't received his plastic card ) was also refused admission and told he also had to go and get an "emergency ticket".When we got to the ticket office we had to join a large queue of people many who had similar problems.We got our emergency y tickets and had to walk back to the opposite side of the ground meaning that the whole sh!t show meant we got into the ground in the seats we have at 2 minutes before kick off with my father who struggles with mobility these day feeling totally worn out and upset.This is now an absolute joke but nobody seems to care at the club.Theyve got our money and it feels like f@ck you mugs.The result was great but the experience is one I can do without. :idea:
Mass

Re: Ticketing shambles

Post by Mass »

There was definitely something wrong at the turnstiles last night. We had to queue for nearly 20 minutes to get into the ground. It's not as if it was a huge attendance.

Also an issue getting onto the carpark. Stewards were advising car park was full even though we could see plenty of spaces as we drove to the carpark. Appreciate spaces near the entrances to the car park were full but plenty of spaces in the middle of the car park. A bit of common sense in checking first would have been ideal to check first would have been ideal. There were enough stewards around to be able to check.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

What is going on at the club?

Something is clearly wrong yet they say nothing and expect us to be grateful it seems to me for ticket system that’ll be best you in the long term.

Seems to me fans are being taken for granted by the club at present so much for the contest Peet has tried so hard to galvanise isn’t it,and still the WEP says and does nothing
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

I think the failure of the Club to publicly address the tickets issue is now the issue. Not a reader of local newspapers, so can’t comment there, but still having not received our season tickets after having paid for them in December is just not good enough. It’s not a big issue for us to pick up tickets for individual games, but I’m sure it must be for others. From an organisational/institution point of view, it is quite serious: what’s the strategy: bluff it out?, pretend it’s not happening? These are signs of an organisation with serious issues. Good job the delivery on the pitch is ( pretty) good.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mass wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:57 am There was definitely something wrong at the turnstiles last night. We had to queue for nearly 20 minutes to get into the ground. It's not as if it was a huge attendance.

Also an issue getting onto the carpark. Stewards were advising car park was full even though we could see plenty of spaces as we drove to the carpark. Appreciate spaces near the entrances to the car park were full but plenty of spaces in the middle of the car park. A bit of common sense in checking first would have been ideal to check first would have been ideal. There were enough stewards around to be able to check.
According to posts on Facebook they were turning people with car park passes for car park 3 away because it was “full” and telling people with passes it was full because they had sold parking rickets for those paying on the day.

How stupid is that? You have already paid for your parking to be told you can’t park because it is full with people who didn't buy a season parking pass.

It used to be car park 3 was the “VIP” car park and the only way in was to buy a season pass. That changed a few seasons ago and I put it down to the clowns who then owned Latics trying to maximise revenue. Well now Danson owns the lot it ought to be possible to come up with a better system than this. If he still wants to allow it to be pay on the day the number of tickets available should be simply the capacity minus the number of season passes they have sold.

Not rocket science is it?
doc

Post by doc »

I heard a rumour last night that the ticket office manager was shown the door 3 weeks ago for the fiasco.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

doc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:20 pm I heard a rumour last night that the ticket office manager was shown the door 3 weeks ago for the fiasco.
Seems like it's a tech issue to me. Surely tickets being attached to emails is not being done by a person is it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, whatever it is, we're not hearing about it, are we? :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:45 pm Well, whatever it is, we're not hearing about it, are we? :lol:
Definitely not. Normally I don't jump on the clubs back as soon as some, but on this occasion they're communication is poor and doing them damage.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:20 pm I heard a rumour last night that the ticket office manager was shown the door 3 weeks ago for the fiasco.
Yes he was 😏
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan