Third of the season gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Third of the season gone

Post by Mike »

How have we done in the first third of the season?

What's your rating now and how would it change if we lose against Hull KR?

Personally I think we're on track for retaining the SL trophy but it's a knock out at the end of the day so it's always up and in the air. I would hope we could get to wmebley but a 3 match tournament doesn't make or break my season personally. Overall, I think we're near where we need to be and there's a lot of room for improvement in the last third of the season. It's just a holding pattern until then.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Re: Third of the season gone

Post by moto748 »

Agree, I think we're going fine. I think we'll beat Hull KR, but if we don't, at least I think we'll be saying that we were beaten by a very good side on the day.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Be nice to see Walters getting a good run which will only increase our competitiveness in the squad and another option in the pack.

Need to peak for the CC but after that play safe and injury free
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

You can see us just starting to click a little at Huddersfield. I feel like our gameplan is a little similar to last season. Keep the first 50 or so minutes tight and try and tire the opposition and then cut looser from mid second half. We saw that last season when we went well. I think the KR game on Saturday is the biggest of the season so far by quite a distance
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I'd say we're playing well but seem to also be playing a little inside ourselves which leaves plenty of room to improve for the business end of the season.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

The weather hasn’t helped let’s be fair so no team has fully clicked into gear yet so yes Wigan are doing just fine taking that into account can they beat KR I simply don’t know they do seem to be wigans bogey team at present and if it meant Wembley while perhaps missing out on old Trafford then I say sod it throw the reserves in on Saturday.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem