Tiaki Chan's Hull FC attitude earns Matt Peet's attention with loan decision made

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tiaki Chan's Hull FC attitude earns Matt Peet's attention with loan decision made

Post by josie andrews »

Chan joined the Black and Whites on a short-term deal earlier this month.

Hull FC will be able to call upon Tiaki Chan beyond his existing loan agreement after Wigan Warriors head coach Matt Peet admitted the forward was "determined to commit" himself to the Black and Whites.

Chan joined the club on a short-term loan earlier this month and made his debut in the defeat to London Broncos. Given he had only signed on an initial two-week loan, that could have feasibly been his first, and last, appearance for the club.

But a decision has been made between the two clubs to review the arrangement on a week-to-week basis, which has allowed Simon Grix to name him in his 21-man squad for the trip to Castleford Tigers this week.

And Peet admitted that Chan was motivated to help the Black and Whites in their current plight, with the forward motivated to contribute to the cause after spending some time at the MKM Stadium.

Tiaki is determined to commit himself to that group," Peet said. "He stayed there training last week when they didn’t have a game. I think he wants to earn his stripes there and earn the respect of the Hull players and staff. A real big credit to Tiaki for that.”

Chan, 23, joined Wigan Warriors in the off-season from Catalans Dragons, where he made 16 appearances before moving to the UK.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... 4776833d50
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Re: Tiaki Chan's Hull FC attitude earns Matt Peet's attention with loan decision made

Post by nathan_rugby »

I wonder how accomodation works when players go on loan to clubs that are too far to travel everyday.

If a player is on a low salary and has mortgage/rental agreement in Wigan, they surely cannot be expected to travel to Hull everyday or rent their own property there.

Who would pay and how does it work with the salary cap?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tiaki Chan's Hull FC attitude earns Matt Peet's attention with loan decision made

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 am I wonder how accomodation works when players go on loan to clubs that are too far to travel everyday.

If a player is on a low salary and has mortgage/rental agreement in Wigan, they surely cannot be expected to travel to Hull everyday or rent their own property there.

I think they normally room with a player in that squad
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 am I wonder how accomodation works when players go on loan to clubs that are too far to travel everyday.

Premier Inn posh room