Havard: In a good place

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Havard: In a good place

Post by josie andrews »

* Ethan Havard reflects on his return from injury ahead of Sunday’s Round 12 clash at Salford.

* Havard: “I’m just enjoying every minute, it really makes you appreciate being involved when you don’t have it.”

* Tickets for Sunday’s game are available online HERE or at The Brick Community Stadium until 3pm on Friday 24th May.

ETHAN HAVARD HAS REFLECTED ON HIS RETURN FROM INJURY AS THE WARRIORS PREPARE TO FACE SALFORD RED DEVILS THIS SUNDAY 26TH MAY, 3PM K.O.

Looking back on Wigan’s Semi-Final victory over Hull KR on the weekend, Havard said: “It was a performance we were pretty proud of. Hull KR are a quality outfit so we knew we’d need to complete high against them, the lack of errors from us shows some good discipline which we can build on.

Speaking on his return from injury, the forward said: “I’m in a good place at the minute. I’m obviously coming off the back of a long injury which wasn’t always easy. I’m just enjoying every minute, it really makes you appreciate being involved when you don’t have it.

“You train all week and you want to play at the end of it but being injured is part of the game. I’m just looking to do everything right now to make sure I’m not on the sidelines again.”

He added: “[Starting games] It’s not something that I’ve been too focused on recently, just coming back from injury it’s been about getting my confidence, my fitness and form. It would be good to be reliable as a starting middle and kick on from there.”

Assessing this week’s opponents, Salford Red Devils, Havard said: “They’re a tough team who like to throw the ball around a bit which gets you moving. They’ve got some strong outside backs who I’m sure will be looking to test us but we’re looking forward to the challenge of it this weekend.”

The Warriors will be without Kaide Ellis and Sam Walters who were handed one-match suspensions following the Betfred Challenge Cup Semi-Final, but speaking on squad depth, Havard said: “We’ve got a young, strong squad so there’s plenty of competition and it means you have to be on your game every single week. There’s good competition and camaraderie between us and we train hard.”

Watch full match preview with Ethan Havard and Matt Peet on Wigan TV HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... ood-place/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Havard: In a good place

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It’s great to see Ethan back, he will continue to improve as the season moves on.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He’s going well with plenty more to come yet. He’s some specimen the lad. If you could build a prop forward he’d be pretty much ideal for what you’d want (maybe bar the hamstrings).
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Looks to have gained some size this year as well.

Frightening potential and already an incredible player considering his age and the fact props normally peak at an older age than other positions.

Finger crossed his injuries are behind him.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:06 pm Looks to have gained some size this year as well.

Frightening potential and already an incredible player considering his age and the fact props normally peak at an older age than other positions.

Finger crossed his injuries are behind him.
Most of the forwards have Nathan but they are all expected to maintain their optimum weight.