Wigan Warriors rising forward Harvey Makin returns from London Broncos loan spell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors rising forward Harvey Makin returns from London Broncos loan spell

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have recalled one of their forwards from their Super League loan spell.

Rising prop forward Harvey Makin has returned to Robin Park following an impressive loan spell with London Broncos.

The 20-year-old played every game while with the capital outfit, having made the move earlier in March.

He registered six appearances, including the club’s first Super League victory of the season over Hull FC earlier this month.

London Broncos announced in a statement: “The club can confirm that Harvey Makin has returned to Wigan Warriors following his loan spell.

"We’d like to thank Harvey for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future.”

The former St Judes junior, who signed his first contract with Wigan in 2020, has also previously spent time on loan with Barrow Raiders and Oldham.

Wigan face Salford Red Devils in Super League Round 12, with academy product Makin yet to make his first-team debut for the Warriors.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ll-4640295
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Re: Wigan Warriors rising forward Harvey Makin returns from London Broncos loan spell

Post by NICKYKISS »

Wonder if it’s a nod to us resting a number of players at Warrington next week?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan Warriors rising forward Harvey Makin returns from London Broncos loan spell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:15 pm Wonder if it’s a nod to us resting a number of players at Warrington next week?
I hope not. Walters, Ellis and Byrne need to play and we need to put a marker down.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:59 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:15 pm Wonder if it’s a nod to us resting a number of players at Warrington next week?
I hope not. Walters, Ellis and Byrne need to play and we need to put a marker down.
I’d play those 3 without a doubt. I had a look back to the week before the 2022 final and we only rested a couple of players, so we may well do the same next week. The difference TGI’s time is the finalists are playing each other, so they may look at holding a bit back and mirroring each others plan.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

NICKYKISS wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:23 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:59 pm
I’d play those 3 without a doubt. I had a look back to the week before the 2022 final and we only rested a couple of players, so we may well do the same next week. The difference TGI’s time is the finalists are playing each other, so they may look at holding a bit back and mirroring each others plan.
That would be the clever thing to do ,then its a contest
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Play the full team until and including the C Cup Final.
The impressive performance in the semi came following a very good game v Huddersfield, especially the second half. Surely the best thing is to keep that momentum going through to the C Cup Final.

We've seen previously what happens when players are rested, then return and the momentum is lost. I do hope we don't repeat that again.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 pm Play the full team until and including the C Cup Final.
The impressive performance in the semi came following a very good game v Huddersfield, especially the second half. Surely the best thing is to keep that momentum going through to the C Cup Final.

We've seen previously what happens when players are rested, then return and the momentum is lost. I do hope we don't repeat that again.
I agree, there is plenty of time to rotate players after the CC final, it is a long time until the playoffs and we have a lot of games at home so plenty time to rotate and rest players
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Makes me wonder what sort of side Burgess will put out next week.