Worst refereeing cop-out of the season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Worst refereeing cop-out of the season?

Post by ian.birchall »

When we kicked thru in the second half and French caught Ryan Brierley 10 yards from the try line with not another Salford player within 20 yds of the PTB and the ref did not sinbin him and give Wigan a penalty for faking injury until he got someone back to the PTB.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Hattster

Re: Worst refereeing cop-out of the season?

Post by Hattster »

I don’t think he could sin bin him but he could have given him a green card , same as he did for Sneyd and his time wasting/feigning injury
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Wound me up that, was clearly fake and Sky lapped it up - went on about it for the rest of the game 🙄
endoman

Post by endoman »

Not allowing advantage when Field was clear and blowing no try and video ref. That I don’t understand.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It was the longest ptb ever and he definitely deserved a sin bin.There was a lot of little annoying things that salford did
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thought the Brierley incident was poor by the ref. This sort of antic has been anticipated by the Officials Dept hence the green card.
His pulling Jai back then going "No Try" for the knock on was inexplicable. Why not play on then go to the VR?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:22 am Thought the Brierley incident was poor by the ref. This sort of antic has been anticipated by the Officials Dept hence the green card.

His pulling Jai back then going "No Try" for the knock on was inexplicable. Why not play on then go to the VR?
I agree with both your comments & said so at the game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Listening to the Salford fans you’d think they’d been absolutely done over by the ref. I’m so bored of going to away games at places like HKR, Salford, Leeds etc and just hearing their fans moan for the full 80 minutes. I honestly don’t know why they bother turning up. Week after week we’re getting done on the penalty counts.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If we play away from home we generally lose the penalty count.
When we play at home we usually win the penalty count.
The trade paper "League Express" publishes the penalty counts with the match reports.
Go through the six SL game for the weekend and usually the home teams win the pen count. Sometimes 6-0 other times 4-2. The very occasional week you get 3-3 but very rarely do the away teams win the pen count.

Hardly a new thing. Been going on for 30+ years that I have known about and probably before that.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

To my eye the Nsemba Sneed incident should have been an incorrect PTB. Nsemba clearly puts the ball down to aid him regaining his feet, rather than regaining a balanced standing position and then playing the ball. On another day, with another ref, I think that's a hand over. I think this happens before any tangle with Sneed. However, after that's been deemed play on, I think the ref is correct from then on. Especially as Sneed walks from the field protesting at the green card suddenly he has no limp! Text book green card IMO the player stays down to get a VR review, probably because he got decked by Nsemba a few minutes prior. Playing on is fine as the player has a lower limb injury, and not a serious one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆