REFEREE FOR CUP GAME IS...........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Re: REFEREE FOR CUP GAME I...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

[quote]Mean Dean posted:
He is from Warrington enough said. :angry:

Yeah, and a wire too! :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Mean Dean posted:
He is from Warrington enough said. :angry:

Yeah, and a wire too! :D
Who works in St Helens - Ahhh, we're doomed!

Karl Kirkpatrick had a fairly good start to his refereeing career although I suspect a bit like Asley Klein last year he was getting guidance from above (and I don't mean God!) but he is reputed to dislike Wigan so anything could happen.
To some extent the situation with any ref is in our own hands - if we don't give them cause to penalise us there shouldn't be much they can do to mess the game up.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

He is a very biased ref against Wigan. I would sooner have Klien than him. Klien makes errors for both teams where as KK just kills Wigan off in games.

We should have complained about him to the RL on more than 1 occasion then maybe they wouldn't give us him.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Why are we still moaning about refs here?

This is about how we play. Decisions will go against and for us at times and they may be at crucial times, but I don't think any decision is going to make a difference this year. Anyway, right now the points don't matter to me I just want to see some progress being made by the whole team (emphasis on the ability to actually see the game)
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
superleague

Post by superleague »

MrsLam posted:
Why are we still moaning about refs here?

This is about how we play. Decisions will go against and for us at times and they may be at crucial times, but I don't think any decision is going to make a difference this year. Anyway, right now the points don't matter to me I just want to see some progress being made by the whole team (emphasis on the ability to actually see the game)
spot on!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

For once I agree with MrsLam, it's about how Wigan play and not the referee.

I also find it rediculous when people accuse referees of being biased. Sure they make mistakes now and again, sometimes more mistakes in favour of one team or another but it's funny how fans ignore the times their side gets the 50-50 decision.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

robjoenz posted:
For once I agree with MrsLam, it's about how Wigan play and not the referee.

I also find it rediculous when people accuse referees of being biased. Sure they make mistakes now and again, sometimes more mistakes in favour of one team or another but it's funny how fans ignore the times their side gets the 50-50 decision.
And to add to that statement Wigan Salford we got more than our fair share of dubious calls at important points on the night and still couldnt win. :(