Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Emma Farrell

Re: Carney

Post by Emma Farrell »

Who else is he up against??? :doz:
Nick Nick

Post by Nick Nick »

I keep voting for him each day. Its not the best or clearest page I've ever seen as it doesn't say how long voting is open for or who else is listed (not that I want to vote for anyone else) I was just interested to know who else may be in the running. Presume that as the show is not until 1st December we can all keep voting until then so keep going everyone, lets get rugby league on the map :cool:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Noooo i have heard that penrith panthers want to sign brian! :( i also thought he had signed a contract till the end of 2006 not 2005!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I'm sure lots of people would like to sign Brian in view of his superb form in the last few months, but since he's just signed a contract in the last few months I hardly think we'll be letting him go. From reading interviews with him he's seems totally happy at Wigan and slightly overwhelmed by the accolades and being selected for GB. He gives the impression that he still feels he's learning the game, and I suspect that would make him think twice about being put into a high-pressure situation such as playing Down Under. There's time for that later in his career.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I agree with you there Fraggle. I read this quote from Carney on the web earlier this month, and it seems to back up your feeldings:
"Last December I had meetings with the Irish Rugby Union about going over there. They were very cordial and very positive but I felt I had a lot more to learn about rugby league and I don't think I would ever have forgiven myself for leaving it while I'm at such a development stage.

"I want to fulfil my potential and it was too early for me to go. I would never rule anything out but there's no place I'd rather be at the moment than Wigan and, when Maurice (Lindsay) offered me a new three-year deal, I snapped his hand off."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I agree he seems happy at wigan or he wouldnt of signed a new conntract and feels he is still learning! It shows just how talented he is being wanted down under! :)
Carney5

Post by Carney5 »

Fraggle posted:
I'm sure lots of people would like to sign Brian in view of his superb form in the last few months, but since he's just signed a contract in the last few months I hardly think we'll be letting him go. From reading interviews with him he's seems totally happy at Wigan and slightly overwhelmed by the accolades and being selected for GB. He gives the impression that he still feels he's learning the game, and I suspect that would make him think twice about being put into a high-pressure situation such as playing Down Under. There's time for that later in his career.
Ummm....what do you mean there is plenty of time for him to move to Aussieland later in his career?? Lets keep him here permanently! After all what could possibly be better than playing for Wigan? :D :D
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I know i hope he stays for as long as possible! He's just amazing in every way!
redhead

Post by redhead »

Just goes to show what a great talent he is...hope Brian stays long after 2006 as well as he is excellent as he proved in the test on Saturday...his second try was ace half the Aussie team ran at him to try and stop him...well a few anyway...could see how gutted they were that Bri had the ball bet they knew they had no chance to stop him not only is he fast but strong as well top winger :D
the little walnut
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He's also gorgeous as well!