Morley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ron

Morley

Post by Ron »

I'm sure this was the last thing Morley wanted and surely it is his job to go in hard, especially at first tackle. I'm not a fan of his but I feel sorry for him. The lads did a superb job for 80 minutes and could have won. What would have happened if Morley hadn't been sent off. We would have stuffed them. Do you think another ref would have sent him off. :(
the grinch

Re: Morley

Post by the grinch »

any other player and i would agree it wasnt intentional but not morley he is nasty he always has been the british game came on leaps and bounds when he went to auss its one thing going in hard and fair but morley is going to hurt someone seriously one of these days ill be glad when this test is over and he goes back!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the grinch posted:
any other player and i would agree it wasnt intentional but not morley he is nasty he always has been the british game came on leaps and bounds when he went to auss its one thing going in hard and fair but morley is going to hurt someone seriously one of these days ill be glad when this test is over and he goes back!!
It was a poor tackle but if Morley had intended to hurt the guy on the receiving end would be paralised from the neck down.

Dave
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

#### Get of morleys back ####
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If it was a bad tackle then he would of been banned! So it obviously wasnt! He made a mistake i'm sure loads of people do! Pryce made one at th grand final, but he got away with it! It's in the past we have to look to the (ever so bleak) future!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Kev

Post by Kev »

I have watched the tackle loads of times and I think he pulled back.Sending him off was wrong IMO.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

im not picking on morley thats the way he tackles he goes in hard thats his job but he was very fortunate not to get banned for that tackle and the ref was right to send him off i know its a phisical game but there is no room for that kind of challenge in the twenty first century!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart