Radlinski at Centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

Radlinski at Centre

Post by Warrior Wills »

Just been looking at the squad for next year. To me there is a massive gap that needs filling –

CENTRE.!!!

We can’t go through next year with the players that we have. Aspinwall – pretty much first choice, and doing ok to be fair.

Hodgeson, for me is more of a winger, and does look a bit out of place at centre.

That leaves Johnson, who lets be honest has never retained his form of a couple of years ago. Also his constant high tackling landed us in deep water last season.

Not only that but what if one of the three players gets injured, there is no cover.

Might it be worth moving Rads to centre and Briscoe to full back?
Fraggle

Re: Radlinski at Centre

Post by Fraggle »

We could do a David Waite and play Danny Sculthorpe at centre. Or maybe one of Hock, Farrell, O'Laughlin or any other of the loose-forwards who play in Wigan colours...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Your ideas about Johnson and Briscoe have now been scuppered because of their release.

Rads is the best full-back in the world when he is fully fit, moving him away from his natural position seems like folly to me.

We should buy Senior!

Fraggle - perhaps a big money move for a centre of Seniors calibre is the explanation for the release of Johno and Brisco for salary cap reasons: pre-emptive reduction so we can fit another big earner into the squad and stay under the cap, or am I just being a hopeless optimist?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

Natural position? I thought he started as a centre, damn good one too. Centre would have given him freedom to support the ball carrier and put more scores on the board. Oh well, with the release of Briscoe, full back is certain for Rads anyway.

mario

Post by mario »

i hope lindsey isnt getting rid of briscoe and johnson to get someone else in the squad. if need be to keep briscoe play radlinski at centre. i think he's awesome there and briscoe is another radlinski in the making so you dont give them to any club if you can help it. not for senior or any has been aussies!