SOUTHERN "RUGBY" UNION

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Oxford Warriors

SOUTHERN "RUGBY" UNION

Post by Oxford Warriors »

ATTENTION ALL WIGAN RUGBY FANS FROM THE HEARTLANDS....

WE CALL ON YOU FOR HELP - THERE IS A DISGRACEFUL CULTURE HERE IN OXFORD AND IN THE SOUTH IN GENERAL WHICH RATES RUGBY UNION AS THE ONLY FORM OF RUGBY AND REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXISTENCE OF RUGBY LEAGUE, WHICH IS, OF COURSE, THE GREATEST FORM OF SPORT. FURTHER TO THIS SCANDALOUS STATE OF AFFAIRS, SOME OF OUR FELLOW UNIVERSITY STUDENTS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CALL WIGANERS "ILLITERATE" AND "THICK." I SUGGEST THE WIGAN RL FAITHFUL COMES DOWN TO OXFORD AND TELLS THESE COCKY, PUBLIC-SCHOOL ARISTOCRATIC BUFFOONS A THING OR TWO...

Portsmouth Warrior

Re: SOUTHERN "RUGBY"...

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

I am struggling to think of any major teams or contribution that Oxford have made to Union let alone league.
Maybe they SHOULD concentrate on Union
The university team is made up of visitors..so the sum total of Oxfords contribution to rugby is ????
zip..
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
Alex the Warrior

Re: SOUTHERN "RUGBY&q...

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Like most supporters of RU (whether long term or newly discoverd), they speak from ignorance. Just remind them of the result of the cross code challenge matches against Bath, or what happens any time a RL side is invited to play the only entertaining version of the Union game, the Middlesex 7's.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Brian Edgar

Re: SOUTHERN "RUGBY"...

Post by Brian Edgar »

It pleases me to hear that Oxford University Students hold such a prejudiced view of the North. It is precisely that attitude that will ensure Union never becomes a truly national game.

Our day will come!
the grinch

Re: SOUTHERN "RUGBY&q...

Post by the grinch »

well im pleased to hear they have heard of wigan rugby league as i had no idea oxford did anything else other than race against cambridge once a year in a boat!as for not giving any thought to rugby leauge ask them how manny try's where scored in the world cup final union game and where each try scorer learned his trade.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart