WARRIORS PRE SEASON...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrugbynut

WARRIORS PRE SEASON...

Post by wiganrugbynut »

:conf:

I'm hearing rumours about this years much anticipated PRE Season schedule, mainly that it consists of one game against Widnes, which is nice!!!!!

When are the warriors backroom gonna learn? Are our players that good that we dont need friendlys (Leeds are having 5 games, hull 4 I beleive). For one this means no pre season outings for the Newt given his one match ban.

Why, Why, Why are we not playing a couple of lower league munters just to get the boys working together?????

Fastforward to the first day of the season.....

We'll be underprepared, will probably get tonked by bradford, great start!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: WARRIORS PRE SEASON...

Post by Mike »

I've heard that the match will now be against London on the 8th Feb. KO probably 3pm.

The curtailed pre-season is probably to let the players recover. Most of them have been involved in the various international series' at the end of the season, both the kids and the senior squad members. In fact, Danny Orr was the only member of the first team squad to start pre-season training on time!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wiganrugbynut

Re: WARRIORS PRE SEASON...

Post by wiganrugbynut »

Fair point but all the other top teams are in the same boat, what stops us playing a friendly against say oldham or rochdale, you know some NFP outfit we'll easily beat just to get the lads to gel together especially as Faz is out and at present Newt aint getting a pre season outing......

On a point of pre season training, whats goin on there?? Ashes were only 2 weeks ago and already the lads are training again, have a heart at least give em christmas off