I wish I was still on holiday...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Re: I wish I was still on ...

Post by Dawber »

ChrisA posted:
Dawber posted:[/b}

We are signing NL1 and NL2 players, Need i say more?

Yes you could explain why we are signing NL1 players. For instance you could say we have 8 first team players out injured, there are no SL players available, and no NRL players on the market, thats why we are having to sign NL1 players. You know so we can actually put a team on the field. I love to listen to all the complaints, thing is, all the people that are moaning dont come up with any alternatives, they dont suggest how we can replace all the injured players we have. Dawber, do you want to explain wht you would do, what players you would sign, seeing as you are condeming the NL1 players, you surely must have other ideas ?

Oh my god calm down ChrisA, I was not having a go at what the club is doing, I for one believe that the club is doing everything within it's power to keep us afloat, If i knew the solution to what is going on i would be the coach would'nt i?, As far as i can see there is no alternative but to sign these players to fill the holes that we have at the moment, I was just simply answering the question as to what has been going on while the guy was on holiday. We've been signing NL1 and NL2 players because there are no other players available,
I think you will find it is 10 fist team players that we have missing as from friday night, It just gets better and better don't you think.
Personally i think once we get back a fully fit squad we will be more than capable of being safe this season,
I was watching my son play on sunday morning in the rain thinking it would be great if one day he was to play for a super league club or even a NL1 or NL2 club, I would never condem any player for putting his body on the line week in week out, regardless of wich competition he played in,
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

DaveO posted:
cpwigan posted:
There's more but I am not allowed to say, nor is anbody else. However, you may already know what we are not allowed to talk about but maybe if you do not know what we are not allowed to talk about it is better for you :wink:
If you mean rumours about players then the only thing people are not allowed to talk about is things that are not true that liable the players.

If people know for a fact what they say is true and can prove it, then they can't be prosecuted for posting it.

The problem is most of the malicious rumours turn out to be nothing more than that.

Dave
watch this space. what has been talked about is most likely true IMO though i won't say much more on the topic as i don't want to get in trouble for things i know about.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Is most likely true.
That's a very dangerous thing to say when comments being posted are about certain players.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

FROM A TO B posted:
Is most likely true.
That's a very dangerous thing to say when comments being posted are about certain players.
not really. i haven't mentioned anything about a certain player. all i did was give a good friend a call and tell him what i knew from a source thats all. i haven't made false accusations i have just expressed an opinion saying that in my view it is most likely true, as other people have also heard the same.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Dawber posted:
ChrisA posted:
Dawber posted:[/b}

We are signing NL1 and NL2 players, Need i say more?

Yes you could explain why we are signing NL1 players. For instance you could say we have 8 first team players out injured, there are no SL players available, and no NRL players on the market, thats why we are having to sign NL1 players. You know so we can actually put a team on the field. I love to listen to all the complaints, thing is, all the people that are moaning dont come up with any alternatives, they dont suggest how we can replace all the injured players we have. Dawber, do you want to explain wht you would do, what players you would sign, seeing as you are condeming the NL1 players, you surely must have other ideas ?

Oh my god calm down ChrisA, I was not having a go at what the club is doing, I for one believe that the club is doing everything within it's power to keep us afloat, If i knew the solution to what is going on i would be the coach would'nt i?, As far as i can see there is no alternative but to sign these players to fill the holes that we have at the moment, I was just simply answering the question as to what has been going on while the guy was on holiday. We've been signing NL1 and NL2 players because there are no other players available,
I think you will find it is 10 fist team players that we have missing as from friday night, It just gets better and better don't you think.
Personally i think once we get back a fully fit squad we will be more than capable of being safe this season,
I was watching my son play on sunday morning in the rain thinking it would be great if one day he was to play for a super league club or even a NL1 or NL2 club, I would never condem any player for putting his body on the line week in week out, regardless of wich competition he played in,

It was 8 last week when we signed them, and sorry for going ott a little. The whole situation gets me down.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

No problem ChrisA, I know how you feel it's not very nice at the moment, I live in St Helens and the crap that i'm getting at this moment in time is nothing short of pathetic, According to these morons (stains)the whole Wigan team are fighting with each other, Taking drugs, not turning up for training and getting p----d every weekend ect ect ect, They know a lot more than i do then, In one ear out of the other
bertina

Post by bertina »

Dawber posted:
No problem ChrisA, I know how you feel it's not very nice at the moment, I live in St Helens and the crap that i'm getting at this moment in time is nothing short of pathetic, According to these morons (stains)the whole Wigan team are fighting with each other, Taking drugs, not turning up for training and getting p----d every weekend ect ect ect, They know a lot more than i do then, In one ear out of the other
The talk about some of the players being p----d around town on a frequent basis are not just rumours, they are there for anyone to see often enough.Go up town and see for yourself.
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

bertina posted:

The talk about some of the players being p----d around town on a frequent basis are not just rumours, they are there for anyone to see often enough.Go up town and see for yourself.
If this is the case does the club not have some disciplinery procedure that would be applied? Surely a professional sportsmans contract would have something in it that would ban activities that would be detrimental to his performance in his chosen sport. Common sense would suggest that a basin full of ale is going to impair performance in any profession.

I am not suggesting they live a monastic lifestyle but i am sure most medical people use the phrase "in moderation" :o