Farrell experiment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

Farrell experiment

Post by Warrior Wills »

Here’s a thought and it is just a thought, before you all start jumping all over me !!!

Why not try Andy Farrell at centre!!! – He is big enough, fast enough and he certainly has the ball handling skills. We have more than enough cover in the back row, with Wild, Tickle, Hock etc…….

Imagine the space he could give Carney!! He could quite easily attract two or three player and still get the ball away.

I think it would be worth the experiment. He is certainly built more like a centre than a stand off, and he has played at stand off a few times, even for GB. He is a similar built to what Iro or Miles was and look at the damage they caused.

Plus, look at the centres that have moved into the loose forward position - Hanley and Bell. Why not reverse the loose forward to centre.

As I say just a thought!!!
pacman

Re: Farrell experiment

Post by pacman »

My God, David Waite must have nothing to do in the close season!! Posting mails on the website under the guise of Warrior Wills!!

I think you've done enough damage David, just let it go, for all ours sakes!!

Just a thought though.......why not play Terry O'Connor at centre.....he's about the only player in the squad not to be suggested at centre so far!!

Robinson should be centre next year, may as well get some use out of him, before we have to release him next year because of the ridiculous salary cap and to make way for a crocked Aussie to come over and see out his flagging career!

:sly:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Andy is not fast enough for loose forward let alone centre. Time he moved up to the front row :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pacman posted:
Just a thought though.......why not play Terry O'Connor at centre.....he's about the only player in the squad not to be suggested at centre so far!!
Nah, we'll need Terry at fullback when Rads gets injured now that we've got rid of the reserve fullback and promoted another hooker in his place.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]