John Kear

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: John Kear

Post by - psycho - »

which team is raper coaching at the mo? from memory he wasn't such a bad coach thoguh i wasn't watching wigan at the time.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
superleague

Post by superleague »

John kear no way if mo signs him thats the end of sl for wigan!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if john kear did come and i mean IF, what would be the chances of mcnamara following him?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
which team is raper coaching at the mo? from memory he wasn't such a bad coach thoguh i wasn't watching wigan at the time.
He's at Cronulla...with Lammy as his assistant!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

PorterjohLam posted:
Get Lammy...seriously....if we get John Kear, my support for Wigan dies.

Chris Anderson, I wouldn't be too thrilled.

There's 3 people I want, in this order:

Lam
Hanley
Monie
I've already told you who it is. It's only ever been a 2 horse race. The red, red hot favourite is Brian McLennan with Anderson being the other. I believe McLennan has been talking to us for a few days. Don't know about Anderson.
Dennis Mc Hugh

Post by Dennis Mc Hugh »

bainzy posted:
Who would u want?
Lang as soon as possible
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Hanley
Edwards
Steve McCormack ( Widnes Coach ) ?
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I've already told you who it is. It's only ever been a 2 horse race. The red, red hot favourite is Brian McLennan with Anderson being the other. I believe McLennan has been talking to us for a few days. Don't know about Anderson.
What is McLennans pedigree? I might be being a bit ill-imformed, but is he the NZ coach from the last Tri-Nations. If he is, I wouldn't really like him at Wigan, he is too parochial - too much just into the NZ scene. I also reckon the NZ victory was a fluke (controversial maybe?). If you ask me, he is the same sort of coach that Cas got rid of after getting them promotion to the SL this year.

Anderson, on the other hand, may be just what we need. He is grumpy, hard to please, and just the sort of guy to get some of our young premadonnas and overseas mercenaries off the booze and fullfilling their potential on the pitch. Rule them with an iron fist. The all conquering ex-aussie coach has to get some respect from the players, surely?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i think shaun edwards, andy gregory and andy farrell would be a great coaching staff. ellery hanley wasnt one of the lads in his playing days. he very rare went for a drink with players after game. dont get me wrong he was a class player but he would never suit the job. it looks like chris anderson will get it as he is good friends with batty boy lindsay (i wish hed do one to aussie to be honest)
IN WANE WE TRUST
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

My first post on here. Just wanted to say that I sincerely hope it's not Kear.

Average coach at his absolute best. We need someone to inspire the team, and drag them out from the foot of the table.

Kear isn't the man to do this.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.