Millward sacked - Post Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jordz

Re: Millward sacked - Post...

Post by Jordz »

thats the thing bout gettin faz, lam, or edwards. if offered a contract, i dont think they wud hesitate to take it up and help THERE club wen they need it. wether they wud be released from there current contracts still needs to be seen.
EDWARDS AND FAZ!! come on...somets gotta go r way this season!!
EDWARDS AND LAM!! Equaly as good IMO
Come On Toys!!
steve O

Re: WIGAN SACK COACH MILLWARD

Post by steve O »

lets face it. i could have coached the saints side that millward had. just like i could coach the current Chelsea side. THE TEAMS PICKED AND PICK THEMSELVES RESPECTIVELY!!

this has just highlighted Millwards capabilities as a coach in the face of adversity.

Wigan will be in Superleague next year you can count on that - get ready Saints this Friday!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:

Don't worry, you're not a lone voice in having that opinion. I'm not sorry to see him go either, I never once got to the point of chanting his name and have been pretty unimpressed with his work at Wigan. I've said before that he was over-rated and took a decent team that was already built off Hanley at St Helens. I can pretend now that having his goldfish gob as coach of Wigan was all a bad nightmare...!
Comming late to my party at last Fraggle but all support is welcome, has no one else other than you and me seen that Stains have got better since they fired Millward. No hope I'm afraid on Friday but now the slimmest of chances to get off the bottom of the table on Monday, just wish it was Quins away, that would have been easier!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

damien morrissey posted:
i am waiting for the new look all singing dancing Mr B now we have sacked how as you put it TAP.
A great weight off my shoulders believe me. I put it down to my mole at the top getting my e mail on Monday with my team for Friday posted on this site, along with the fear of missing out on the traditional Easter Egg from Bettys of Harrogate. That £22 is money well spent now. :D :D :D
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

Mike
Site Admin

Re: ian.birchall are you comin...

Post by Mike »

sorry - missed your post on other thread.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fishpot

Post by fishpot »

Two very, very bad decisions in my opinion.
One the hiring of Millward, and two the sacking of the same.
I don't believe that getting rid of coaches at the start of the season is the right thing to do. But if we avoid relegation because of it, then I'll be gald.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I wasn't too keen on Millward when we signed him. But once he was here, I was willing to support him to the end.

Now he's gone, I'm sort of happy. He's obviously a decent coach, but he hasn't shown that at Wigan.

For whatever reason is put forward, the team has been chronically under-performing. Even in the games where we have done well for 40 minutes, we've gone on to fall apart in a most un-Wigan like way.

I guess we're all hoping whoever comes in can shake it all up.

Saying that, we're not THAT far off mid-table. It's a shame that we're in this situation, and mid-table will do very nicely now.

I guess we can consider ourselves lucky we finished outside the top 6 last season. Our games in the run-in are going to be all important.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
ian.birchall

Re: ian.birchall are you comin...

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike posted:
to the JJB now that your favourite coach is no longer at wigan?

Every cloud eh...?
Right away and in my party frock on Monday. I have already emailed t'club about getting my season tickets back. but in the meantime I'll just have to purchase the old farts discounted tickets on a weekly basis, makes getting soaking at Wakefield twice last week worth it. :D :D :D

PS Perhaps I can do a cut price deal to take ChrisA's ticket off him :lol: :lol:

jimofwigan

Re: ian.birchall are you c...

Post by jimofwigan »

Message just coming in from all the Milward fans

BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE
ian.birchall

Re: ian.birchall are you c...

Post by ian.birchall »

jimofwigan posted:
Message just coming in from all the Milward fans

BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE

Surely you have a typo there. FOR not from