Re: Right decision ? / Wrong decision ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: Right decision ? / Wro...

Post by ChrisA »

Unlike you Ian who is loving the fact he has been sacked, as I've said you would gladly see us in this state just to see him sacked. The rest of us wouldn't, we all want to see a well run club doing well, no matter whos in charge. You however would forfeit success just to see Millward out, and then copme on here gloating and celebrating like we have won the Grand Final, pathetic, no other word for it.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Mike posted:
thegimble posted:
Things did not work out and for some to start shouting the odds that they were happy with him are hellbent on getting rid of MO. And can not see further than that.
Personally, I think it was a bad decision to sack MIllward, but not because I want rid of Mo. I think is was a bad decision to appoint Millward if they were going to sack him. Because of IMs forthright opinions on players and everything else, you have to back Millward for at least 2 seasons so he can disasameble and rebuild the club in his image. If you are not perpared to let him do this, then you made a bad descision appointing him in the first place, and sacking him proves it.

I just hope that the next coach, whoever it is (:eusa10: not kear, not kear, not kear ...), gets a decent chance to build a side that he wants to see on the park. All they have to do this year is aviod relegation, then get in to the bottom of the playoffs next season, then challenge the year after that. Knowing the board at this club, if they are not finishing in the top 2 next seaosn whoever is coach will be sacked. :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
Superb post Mike, you said what I was just about too, give or take a few minor points.
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

emma warriors simply the best posted:
Well i agree its best thing that happened to wigan didnt think it would ever happen but it finally has
Could we have your mercurial insight into the best way forward for the team now that we have sacked one of the best RL coaches. You have been calling for his head for a while yet offering no solutions. Now's your chance. In my best Frasier voice "....i'm listening"
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ChrisA posted:
Unlike you Ian who is loving the fact he has been sacked, as I've said you would gladly see us in this state just to see him sacked. The rest of us wouldn't, we all want to see a well run club doing well, no matter whos in charge. You however would forfeit success just to see Millward out, and then copme on here gloating and celebrating like we have won the Grand Final, pathetic, no other word for it.
Keep telling it like it is Chris. :eusa2:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
Got to agree with this. Millward was not perfect in my eyes but I think IB lost he plot and let his personal problems with Millward go too far.

Just because someone (like me!) has a rant about Millwards obsession with Brown ( for example) doesn't mean I think he ought to have been sacked.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Davey Davey Dave....one positive! brown will not be a guarenteed 17-er each week.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Davey Davey Dave....one positive! brown will not be a guarenteed 17-er each week.
:eusa10:

Dave
waterside glens

Re: Right decision ? / Wrong decision ?

Post by waterside glens »

have to get rid of mo now so the next coach is allowed to do his job
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:
ChrisA posted:
Got to agree with this. Millward was not perfect in my eyes but I think IB lost he plot and let his personal problems with Millward go too far.

Just because someone (like me!) has a rant about Millwards obsession with Brown ( for example) doesn't mean I think he ought to have been sacked.

Dave
Ian has turned it into an obsession, he has admited he would sooner see the club suffer greatly just to see Millward get the boot. I mean how twisted is that, as I said I was livid about Eric Hughes getting the job, but there is no way in hell I would ever want to see us bottom of the league after 8 games, just so the club got shut of him. There is no possible way that is supporting your club, it's just so bitter and twisted it begers belief.
When Millward finally does get the sack, Ian jumps on here and throws an e-party to celebrate, anyone would think we had just won the Grand Final and signed Lockyer and Johns all at the same time. :conf:

Even Jimmy agrees with me on this one aswel as Dave, now its not often Jimmy will do that :lol:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

it sure is strange to gloat at a man losing his job that was to make wigan the best again. i just don,t get it.