other teams web sites

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

other teams web sites

Post by the grinch »

does anyone else go on any other teams web sites i personaly go on bradfords leeds salford and cas i like to see what other fans are talking about and it seems opinoins are miles apart cas want the salary cap reduced so they can compete leeds are undecided bradford are the same some want a smaller salary cap some want it abolished salford just want some quality players and arent to botherd how they get them.i think the salary cap isn't working and a re-think should be done before someone takes it to court. cos its almost certainly illegal!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
nextdoor

Re: other teams web sites

Post by nextdoor »

the grinch posted:
does anyone else go on any other teams web sites i personaly go on bradfords leeds salford and cas i like to see what other fans are talking about and it seems opinoins are miles apart cas want the salary cap reduced so they can compete leeds are undecided bradford are the same some want a smaller salary cap some want it abolished salford just want some quality players and arent to botherd how they get them.i think the salary cap isn't working and a re-think should be done before someone takes it to court. cos its almost certainly illegal!
If it wasnt for salary capping ,last season wouldnt have been as exciting unpredictable as it was ,to who finished in the top six.For Wigan the salary cap has stopped their dominence at the top and has left a bitter taste in our mouths .For the minor clubs it has given them a chance at finishing in the top six for the first time and extended their season .(not half way through and nothing to play for).But surely for all rugby league fans the sport needs better exposure and bigger sponsers.Maybe another cup competition broadcast on ITV exclusively live ,after all do the England RUGBY? supporters know the difference between booting a ball up the field or playing league.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

you make a good point but can the lower clubs realy be satisfied by only being able to compete if the top teams are weakend.when did salford last produce a top quality player from there acadamy it seems the lower clubs want the likes of wigan leeds to produce good young players then pick them up on free trasnfers cos they can't keep them because of the salary cap.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

the only other sites i really check are superleague.co.uk nrl.com & totalrugbyleague.co.uk.

the other teams sites haven`t really appealled to me.. however i do feel that our official site isn`t as good as a couple of other teams.. namely the bulls..

as for the cap, i agree that the cap has allowed the smaller teams to stay in the running longer, however i sitll think that alot of clubs are still using to many overseas players year after year..
i mean u only have to look at bradford, is that 8 now? & saints.. and conclude that how many of the youngsters at those clubs are actually gonna play first team fotball?? i like what wigan r doing bringin in the home grown talent instead of loaning em out willy nilly. and also leeds don`t seem to be rushing into the aussie pool to get players..
we need all SL clubs to do that..