Should Lindsay GO?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Should Lindsay GO?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Lindsay has always been a ruthless man.

If you are a player and not doing the business you GO.

If you are the coach and you are not doing the business you GO.

If you are a coach doing the business and Lindsay does not like you, you GO.

If you are given another job at the club and you don’t like it, you GO.

If you are ill, you GO (and go without pay and struggle to get what is yours)

The questions!

Has Lindsay done the business since he came back?

Has Lindsay brought shame on our club by a result at St Helens?

Has Lindsay decimated our team?

Has Lindsay brought about a situation that may result in us being relegated?

Did Lindsay bring in a coach without morals?

Has Lindsay wasted OUR money on bad buys?

Do you think he as done the business????

Should he go by following his own rules of don’t do it and you GO?

You decide.

thegimble

Re: Should Lindsay GO?

Post by thegimble »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Lindsay has always been a ruthless man.

If you are a player and not doing the business you GO.

If you are the coach and you are not doing the business you GO.

If you are a coach doing the business and Lindsay does not like you, you GO.

If you are given another job at the club and you don’t like it, you GO.

The questions!

Has Lindsay done the business since he came back?

Do you think he as done the business????

You decide.
If Noble comes and Fails then Mo should go
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well i think the players, the coach and the boards in general not just lindsay should take a bit of stick.
in reality he has only sacked one coach in fat frank endacott. i believe it was the boards decision as well as mo's to sack basil.
he has broguht in bad players but he has brought in great players to. just because one player or a couple of players play bad doesn't mean all the players he has brought in have done bad.
he is recently giving the finance, the buys, the coaching, basically all the decision making to the man in charge. so its up to the coach who he buys and mo just gives him the nod. it's not mo's fault that the players have been playing bad but maybe he should start getting his finger out a bit more and telling them who does the hiring and firing. if they don't want to play they know were the door is.
if he brings in noble then i will be delighted! we will just have to see what the future holds for the club.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Is this in relation to anything in particular? We've only had one high-profile illness in recent times and regardless of the rights and wrongs of what went on, the invididual concerned never went without pay.
Eh? What result is that? You're a few months late if you're talking about the 75-0 fiasco.
Farrell said "I want to play RU", the club said yes, so maybe. Rads retired due to injury. Lam probably wouldn't have lasted much longer due to injury. There are probably business reasons for releasing so many U21's last season, they couldn't all get first team slots and their departure will have brought money to the club in transfer fees which they may not have done if they had stayed a year longer. But there are other players who perhaps should have stayed longer (Renouf, Craig Smith, O'Connor...)
On his own, or in conjunction with poor decisions by the coach in terms of players brought in, team selection and tactics, injuries to key players and below-expectation performances from seasoned international quality players?
You can tell it's Easter!
Has he also wasted our money on good buys as well? Everyone always focuses on the ones who didn't work, and ignores the Dallas', Fekas, Renoufs etc who have been successful.

You decide.
I think you've already decided.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
If Noble comes and Fails then Mo should go
I'd go with that, so long as Noble is given a fair crack of the whip. Millward made lots of changes with no improvement (and arguably we got worse), Noble (if he comes) has got to be allowed his chance to change things as well.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
welsh pie eater

Post by welsh pie eater »

I still think Lindsay has the clubs best interests at heart, and, if succesful in bringing Noble to the club will have done the best he could with the resources available.

I'm sure if Noble arrives this week and is given the full backing of the club and the players work for him we'll end up ok.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

One more for you!

Lindsay made a mission statement on his return to the club.

I will scour the world to bring the finest talent to Wigan

Has Lindsay done this?

Remember Mathew Johns!!!!!!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
One more for you!

Has Lindsay done this?

Hardly the worst player to come to Wigan, an international star whose brother is recognised as the best in the game, someone who was reputedly carrying an injury throughout his time at Wigan and had family issues back home.

If you're going to come up with an example, why not someone like Harvey Howard, whose international reputation eludes me to this day, or Wayne McDonald.

And at the same time, why not consider Steve Renouf, one of the sport's great legends. Or the likes of Craig Smith, Quentin Pongia, Adrian Lam, Brett Dallas all of whom would certainly fit into consideration amongst the "finest talent".

[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
One more for you!

Has Lindsay done this?

Hardly the worst player to come to Wigan, an international star whose brother is recognised as the best in the game, someone who was reputedly carrying an injury throughout his time at Wigan and had family issues back home.

If you're going to come up with an example, why not someone like Harvey Howard, whose international reputation eludes me to this day, or Wayne McDonald.

And at the same time, why not consider Steve Renouf, one of the sport's great legends. Or the likes of Craig Smith, Quentin Pongia, Adrian Lam, Brett Dallas all of whom would certainly fit into consideration amongst the "finest talent".
With the exception of Dallas, all were way past their best when we got them, as was Renouf. Moreover Smith was garbage until Pongia came along. That's not to say we couldn't use them tomorrow!! :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jimmy they were ageing but they were class. Craig Smith was a fabulous prop, never seen such a fit prop, I recall him chasing many breaks down in scramble defence. He played one season on virtually one leg for us. A great player, still doing the goods in Aus. Lammy was pure class and Renouf bar half a yard was fantastic as borne out by his try scoring record. Furner was class too.

I honestly think Lindsay is far less influential than many think. I believe he is virtually a puppet under Whelan. My own call would be Graham Lowe as Chief Executive or Rugby Director.