If you were in chrge at the JJB.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
welsh pie eater

If you were in chrge at the JJB.....

Post by welsh pie eater »

Ok, cat amongst the pigeons time...

... you've got the Captains Chair HMS JJB, what do we do to turn it around - blank sheet of paper, but working within salary cap, available coaches / players etc..

My starter for 10.

1. Persuade Noble to sign up
2. Include some quality players in the deal (langley, vagana, deacon for example).
3. Fire off some of the deadwood - Vaeliki, James, Jonkers, Orr, Moran, Richards.
4. Use Noble and Uncle Mo's clout to replace above 2 more quality players - Morley, Barrett, Edmonson? , Johns?? , Gasnier??

..answers on a postcard please
thegimble

Re: If you were in chrge at th...

Post by thegimble »

welsh pie eater posted:
Ok, cat amongst the pigeons time...

... you've got the Captains Chair HMS JJB, what do we do to turn it around - blank sheet of paper, but working within salary cap, available coaches / players etc..

My starter for 10.

1. Persuade Noble to sign up
2. Include some quality players in the deal (langley, vagana, deacon for example).
3. Fire off some of the deadwood - Vaeliki, James, Jonkers, Orr, Moran, Richards.
4. Use Noble and Uncle Mo's clout to replace above 2 more quality players - Morley, Barrett, Edmonson? , Johns?? , Gasnier??

..answers on a postcard please
Have no relegation this season. Force it thtough now and let Noble build squad for next season.
Fraggle

Re: If you were in chrge at th...

Post by Fraggle »

welsh pie eater posted:
With the exception of Barrett, I don't think any of these are available. Morley is giving the Roosters first refusal on his contract before even considering offers back here, and Leeds would certainly be interested as well. Edmo has only just gone and I can't see him wanting to swap his chance-of-a-lifetime to come back to cold, northwest England. Johns has retired from internationals to concentrate on his club, and Gasnier is probably off to Union (and having turned us down before, how interested is he really in our club?).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
welsh pie eater

Re: If you were in chrge a...

Post by welsh pie eater »

..fair comments, but Morley has been quoted recently as wanting to finish his career over here and I think would be tempted to link up with Noble ahead of the Tri-Nations.

As for Johns, I know he has retired internationally but given his truncated appearance in Super League last season may be tempted to give things another shot depending on the money!