Whelan and Millward on tele 22/1/4

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Whelan and Millward on tele 22/1/4

Post by robjoenz »

Sport Exchange tonight on ITV (Granada) 23:35

Antony Wilson sports chat show is about where RL stands in the light of the recent success of RU team.

Got Moaning Millward, Dave Whelan and Lou Macari (don't know why ex-Man United player wants to talk about it)
Dorsey

Re: Whelan and Millward on...

Post by Dorsey »

It was quite interesting to hear what they all had to say but that bit towards the end was hilarious when they were interupted in their yapping about football while the text was shown asking them "not to let Dave Whelan sit too close to Ian Millward as we would end up signing him and we don't want him at Wigan" - magic!
mario

Post by mario »

I hate to admit it ,but i thought Ian Millward was excellent on the show, a good ambassador for Rugby League and Dave Whelen showed that his heart is in Wigan RL as well as football and just fell short of calling Rugby Union crap!
robo

Post by robo »

i think by then end of the show they were all starting to call union crap untill the fella stopped em before they got itv sued, too bad it was onlt on local tele.
robo

Post by robo »

i think by then end of the show they were all starting to call union crap untill the fella stopped em before they got itv sued, too bad it was onlt on local tele.
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Didn't see the show which is a shame cos I live darn sarf.. but wouldn't it be a bit silly for Wheelan to slag off Union as he owns Orrell and Mo Lindsey is the Chairman of Orrell RFU??
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
robo

Post by robo »

lol i hadnt thought of that, i bet the orrell fans are pleased with him now then
wanny

Post by wanny »

He just spoke the truth, rugby league is far harder game. You can say that to any Rugby union coach and he will agree. I know the Manager of Rugby Rugby Union club and he completely agrees with this statement. I even tried to convince him to start a Rugby League team off but he said due to financial limitations that it wasnt possible.

gheinz

Post by gheinz »

Rugby league is a far better game than Rugby Union and always will be. I agree that it is definatly tougher and is a lot faster. Why do you think they keep trying to take our players. I even heard a rumour a few years ago that Leicester wanted to sign Kris Radlinski!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Certainly one of the Ra Ra clubs wanted to sign him, because we needed one of those hand outs from the super league towards his salary.

Ironic that given their support for the salary cap,that the first team to get assisatance towards a player's salary to keep him from the clutches of Rugby Union, was St Helens for Cunningham.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)