Brown as full-back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Brown as full-back

Post by robjoenz »

Can't help but feel that he's dictating the favoured postion of a gifted young player just to suit a mistake made in letting Shaun Briscoe go.

What are everyone else's opinions?
the grinch

Re: Brown as full-back

Post by the grinch »

crazy decision to let briscoe go then have no cover for rads but now its done we have to make do i suppose so someone has to start learning how to do the job why not brown! i know hes not played there before but he may do just fine (i hope).
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mario

Post by mario »

was crazy to let briscoe go, but at least they're getting prepared should anything happen to radlinski. i think he'd do well there.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

He hasn't played full-back before, he's getting full-back training but he's learning that position out of nessacity not choice. Wouldn't it be best to put a player at their favoured position? Surely they'd develop better there.

You liked PJ mario, but many people didn't cos he was a utility player and didn't have a position, Brown looks class, don't want him to see him fall in the same 'utility' catagory
mario

Post by mario »

it's going to be a few years before he's going to get a chance in his favoured position(barring injuries),but until then it's always handy to have someone who can cover a few positions. i don't think we had a choice to keep briscoe and pj unless we let lam go,but i don't think that will have been gregorys' decision.
rugbynelly

Post by rugbynelly »

crazy lettin birscoe go, our only full back cover i can see is o'loughlin but he's to much of a big hitter and orr.
theres only 1 team in wigan