Noble on his way - decision made last night? - from Times today

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cath10

Re: Noble on his way - decisio...

Post by Cath10 »

Wish FM have just announced Bradford have confirmed they are making no announments today, and are trying to work out a deal for Noble to pledge his future to the Bulls.

I am getting sick of this, we need a coach, its alright for him to think about who is offering the best deal, but we are fighting a relegation battle, and i feel that MO needs to push for a decision or look elsewhere. I really want Noble as coach, but only if his heart is in it.
MrAlex

Re: Noble on his way - dec...

Post by MrAlex »

Agree - I think it's appalling that there is still no decision. Aside from who end up as our new coach, we've got best part of 20 players hanging around for some much needed direction, and it'll take more than three days to fix that judging from Monday's performance.

That's before you take in to account how let down the fans feel about all this.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Realistically Noble would rather stay at the bulls.

It seems to me that he was offered the door by a member of the board - who clearly doesn't like Noble. Noble clearly voiced the opinion that he wouldn't stay where he wasn't wanted.

The rest of the board then realised what the fans thought of this decision and have decided to pull out the stops to keep Noble at Odsal.

It looks like Noble only really used us a way of getting a better deal at the bulls - and who can blame him for that.

I would be very surprised if he comes here now.

Hopefully Mo is trying to find another option - Chris Anderson? Although I am not sure if he heart would take it...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

If Noble doesn't come who will who can do the job??

I can't think of anyone.

We are in a state arn't we

Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

we will be in a state, if BN doesnt come, then i think Ml has just proved every body right. Like you say, there is no-body good enough or with the right experiance. We will end up no coach, no Chairman- sually he will have the guts to hold his hands up and resign!!!!!
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

we will be in a state, if BN doesnt come, then i think Ml has just proved every body right. Like you say, there is no-body good enough or with the right experiance. We will end up no coach, no Chairman- sually he will have the guts to hold his hands up and resign!!!!!
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrAlex posted:
Agree - I think it's appalling that there is still no decision. Aside from who end up as our new coach, we've got best part of 20 players hanging around for some much needed direction, and it'll take more than three days to fix that judging from Monday's performance.

That's before you take in to account how let down the fans feel about all this.
With all due respect, why should the fans matter in a decision like this? We're not going to get relegated next week so if it takes a little bit longer to get the right person then all the fans will hopefully be happier come the end of the season. Part of the problem with Millward, I think, is that he was sacked by Saints one day then here almost the next, with barely enough time for the club find out if he had any kind of long-term plan or for him to fully investigate what he was letting himself in for. Noble is without a doubt one of the best candidates we could have for the job, other popular options are either unavailable (Edwards) or not experienced enough (Lam). Do we want the right man, or a quick decision on someone who probably won't do any good at all (Kear)?

Whilst the Bulls fans would be upset to see him go, they're bound to acknowledge all he has done for them, and realise their Chairman has had a massive part to play so I can't see them blaming Noble either. And he doesn't owe us anything at all because he's nothing to do with Wigan at the moment.

As for the Assistant Coaches, I'm afraid they both want firing for their recent comments suggesting they are incapable of doing their job without guidance from a new Head Coach. What would they do if the Head Coach were ill for a couple of weeks, run around like headless chickens saying they didn't know what to do? They should be getting on with the job, particularly as it's the basics of the sport that need work before they even start to think of technical niceties.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

I understand what you're saying - I just don't think we have that two or three weeks to sort things out. We need somebody who has the experience to make a difference straight away, and yes, that means the basics.

Agree about the assistants too. No idea what they were thinking, but I reckon that shows that the PR / communication side of the rugby club is as bad as the players on the pitch.