Announcement iminent?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Announcement iminent?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

both the wigan and bradford sites have gone down which to me suggests they are making changes we may be finding out the coach situation very soon
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Re: Announcement iminent?

Post by DaveO »

bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
both the wigan and bradford sites have gone down which to me suggests they are making changes we may be finding out the coach situation very soon
Just been on the bulls site and there was no mention of Noble leaving or staying. Still can't get on the wigan site, though this is probably just the weight of people, like ourselves, trying to access the site for information. A similar thing happened after millward was sacked. :eh:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
If the chairman has done this there would be uproar within the club and i think an EGM would be called to have him voted off the board

I do find this hard to believe though, you dont treat anyone like that let alone your current coach and GB coach and destabilise the very club you have just took over as chairman.
If the article was in Wigan Today about Mo people would be queuing up to agree and slag Mo off.

Reading the Bulls forum and it appears we aren't the only club who's chairman has a bit of a poor reputation.

The article explains a lot to me.

When Mo first mentioned Noble it was as if it was done deal. He may well have thought this because Bradford approached Wigan offering Nobles services (not the other way around) and Bradford had said Noble asked to speak to Wigan.

When Mo found out (presumably off Noble himself) he had not asked to speak to Wigan then that is when the quotes in the press from Mo cooled and it became only a possibility Noble would be coach.

The ultimate conspiracy theory is that Wigan sacked Millward believing Noble was a shoe in for the job based on the noises coming out of Bradford.

Dave
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Jst been on the Wigan site, no change. The server is just swamped. :eh:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
If the article was in Wigan Today about Mo people would be queuing up to agree and slag Mo off.
I personally wouldnt have criticised Mo for this becuase he wouldnt have done it although IMO he has lost the plot and isnt fully dedicating his time to the RL He has predominantly been ethical in his dealings with Players and coaches in the past and has tried to remain squeaky clean for fear of punishment or criticism of double standards
As to the clubs ethics given Mike Gregory and that situation there are plenty who think they were not particularly ethical over that.

I am sure some people would consider the Bradford chairmans actions right out of the Mo book of chairmanship skills.
Reading the Bulls forum and it appears we aren't the only club who's chairman has a bit of a poor reputation.
Are you finally showing your hand on your stance re Mo?
Saying Mo's repuation is poor is not saying anything that is untrue is it? I don't have to think the repuation is deserved even if I recognise it exists.
On the other hand if Bulls chairman needs to be ruthless in acheiving his goal of "back in the black" by a particular date then hes begun in the wrong way because he will have some serious problems in the board room getting agreement in future.And he will no doubt piss the players off who at the end of the day could do exactly what the Wigan players have been accused of doing and not trying
He may get away without a back lash because McNamara is held in high esteem by the players if you read the Bulls forum.
As to your conspiracy theory i think thats just a coincidence but a very convenient one at that :roll:
Some people would have you believe the Noble to Wigan saga has been going on for weeks. Long before Millward was sacked....

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I sense a bit of Chairmans bravado regarding Mcnamara basically saying if you go ive got someone ready to replace you. could be a bit "tit for tat" comment.The proof of the pudding will be if he has the respect of the players as a coach, we can all say hes been there and done it as a player and held in esteem cause of this but hes never coached and that could be his undoing.
He's been Nobles assistant for ages and Noble was assistant coach before he got the job so maybe there is something in it about comments from the Bulls promoting from within, which were made before the artical I linked to surfaced and there was no need for any tit for tat.
As to your point about Mos ethics i dont think Mike Gregory is relevant to this thread and its a bit unfair to bring his name into this as they where very special circumstances which i dont want to comment on.
You suggested Mo's ethics would not allow him behave as the Bradford chairman did. Saying many think Mo's ethics were less than good over the way the Mike Greg situation was handled is not bringing Mike Greg into it as such but merely pointing out people have different opinions on Mo's ethics by way of a recent example.

Some think he behavced ethically over that, some don't. There is no need to go over the whole Mike Greg saga to come to that conclusion. It is obvious that it is true some people people were unhappy how Mo handled it.
Can you enlighten me about mos reputation a bit further as im only aware of certain things.
Er... are you saying you don't know Mo's has a reputation for sacking coaches and making the signings etc? He is blamed for running away from thre club once the finances got messy and so on.

I am not sure what your point is because I am sure you are aware of all that.
Conspiracy theories will always go on but you mention this one a couple of times in your threads do you have a source for this or is this just lunch time in the pub type gossip?
I am just having a bit of fun with the timing of events. My conspiracy theory by the way is just the bit about Millward being sacked because Wigan thoght they were certain to get Noble.

The other stuff about how the tone changed in Mo's press releases is more of a possibility IMO that the tone changed when he found out Noble didn't aske to speak to Wigan.

Dave
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

The official web site has gone down. This is either because there adding new content, or just purelly crashed due to demand
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Gibbo posted:
The official web site has gone down. This is either because there adding new content, or just purelly crashed due to demand
I'd go for the latter, it would be a pretty poor website design if you had to take the whole thing down just to update a news story or two.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Fraggle posted:
Gibbo posted:
I'd go for the latter, it would be a pretty poor website design if you had to take the whole thing down just to update a news story or two.
The site is a bloody joke - much like the team at the moment. Not the site for a Super League team... :conf:

One of Mo's nephews do it?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.