Announcement iminent?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mickyc

Re: Announcement iminent?

Post by mickyc »

I too think that there is going to be an announcement soon as both the wigan and bradford sites are down.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mickyc posted:
I too think that there is going to be an announcement soon as both the wigan and bradford sites are down.
That happened yesterday as well. There is too many people reading too much into website whne they go down.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mickyc posted:
But how many of you lot reading this have also got a window open trying to access the club's website, clicking Refresh every few seconds to see if anything's changed? I would guess at quite a lot, plus most of RLFans, other Wigan fans, and of course our woolyback friends in Bradford will be doing the same thing. The servers just aren't designed for the amount of traffic they'll be getting, a bit like the bars and catering outlets at half time at the JJB during a Wigan vs Saints game.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
He's been Nobles assistant for ages and Noble was assistant coach before he got the job so maybe there is something in it about comments from the Bulls promoting from within, which were made before the artical I linked to surfaced and there was no need for any tit for tat.
Ok What you are saying makes good sense if you can develop and promote from within,however a good number 2 doesnt always make a good number 1 Macnamara at the moment has noble to fall back on so i dont think it would be as cut and dry as you might think.
There is a planned progression at Bradford with Noble due to leave in 18 months time and McNamara lined up to succeed him. All the Bradford fans seem to think this is the case and McNamara turned the Hull job down to stay at Bradford to become coach there. Comments by the Bulls about this happening sooner rather than later were made all before it became public knowledge that Noble and the chief exec had fallen out.
Again dragging Mike gregorys name onto a thread predominantly about mo IMO isnt warranted MG has enough on his plate without speculation so my opinions on Mo and that situation wont be aired.
If you want to discuss whether or not Mo is ethical you can't very well discuss that without reference to issues where his ethics have come into question.

As to Mike Greg having enough on his plate I really don't think a thread on here about Mo whether his case is discussed or not will end up on his plate!
Er... are you saying you don't know Mo's has a reputation for sacking coaches and making the signings etc? He is blamed for running away from thre club once the finances got messy and so on.

I am not sure what your point is because I am sure you are aware of all that.
My point is that you seem to be in the know re Mo can you give more examples of his antics?
We are talking at crossed purposed then. He has a reputation for doing the things I mention and many seem to think much of what he has a reputation for, is fact.

I don't think he is responsible for much of what he is blamed for. It does not mean he does not have a reputation for doing these things.

Dave
welsh pie eater

Post by welsh pie eater »

Anybody have any news from the 2pm press conference? .... if one actually took / is taking place! :conf:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

think theres 1 at 5 oclock :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Any idea were this info. came from about a press conference. Have not heard anythin about it on any radio/tv or news paper!
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
think theres 1 at 5 oclock :blush:
Where did you hear this Mike.

Is it a very good source.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

sorry everyone no announcements being made today.

That is 100%

lets hope for tommorrow.

Cherries

Post by Cherries »

Both Wigan and Bradford sites still down, how long does it take to make a decision.