WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. N...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to the BBC his contract is "until 2008". Does that mean just the rest of this season and all of next? If so, it's a bad deal unless we also announce the appointment of an assistant soon to evolve under him.

Any new players coming?
bertina

Post by bertina »

In my opinion the man deserves every credit for the guts he has shown taking this appointment.
To leave a succesful club behind and take on the task of turning our shower into something like a team shows that he his prepared to put his reputation on the line, and not many people will do that unless they are foced into it.
Let's hope the players start to show the same amount of bottle as he has.
Good luck mr. Noble!!!
Carneys angel

Post by Carneys angel »

good luck to nobby and our lads lets luck to the future and leave the past behind and keep this coach for longer than the others
walshiered

Post by walshiered »

I agree totally with this sentiment, a very brave man indeed.Now all we need is for all the players to be as brave and to give him total commitment, I'me sure the fans will get behind him.
Welcome to Wigan Mr. Noble. :D :eusa2:
El Guerrero

Post by El Guerrero »

I think 18 months was the best we could expect given that this is the same time he had left at Bradford and he had indicated that he wanted to coach in Aus. The critical thing now is to appoint the right assistant who can learn off Brian and then take over if he leaves. I don't think Brian Noble would have come to Wigan if he thought relegation was a possibility. Let's stop mentioning it and look to the future.
To boldly go....where no Super League team has gone before... Wembley 2007
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

"We worship you, O Brian, who are Lord over us all. Praise unto you, Brian, and to the Lord, our Father. Amen."

Let's hope he has come to save us!!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I think 18 months is better than the deal we offered Millward. It's fair and it gives Noble that bit of comfort if he was to be prematurely sacked as so many before him have been. It's not exactly a job people look at as a long term thing.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

good luck Brian hopefully u do a better job than millward

heard that he's going to raid bradford as there £2 mill in debt

heard he's bringin Newton back, and also deacon n jamie langley would be good signings in my opinion
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Relieved more than anything. We would have looked stupid had he not accepted. Nobody can argue with his record (although we said that about IM) and he has enormous pull/sway as GB coach. Good luck.

Just a thought? Did Mo know there was trouble at Bradford Mill and that the timing of IMs dismissal was based upon that?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Congratulations mr noble and welcome, hope you do us proud, if you cant get us to the grand final, tenth place will do lol, only joking.
:eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2: