Great Britain Lions to face Kiwis in new 'XXXX' Test

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The Great Britain Rugby League team will play against New Zealand in The 'XXXX' Test on Tuesday 27th June 2006 in the UK.

The ‘XXXX’ Test will be staged at Knowsley Road Stadium, home of engage Super League side St Helens RLFC, and has been awarded full Test status by the Rugby League International Federation (RLIF).
Knowsley Road for a test match?

Someone is having a laugh. Talk about unambitious. The place is a dump and we want to stage a show piece game in it?

Dave

GeoffN

Re: Great Britain Lions to fac...

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

The Great Britain Rugby League team will play against New Zealand in The 'XXXX' Test on Tuesday 27th June 2006 in the UK.

The ‘XXXX’ Test will be staged at Knowsley Road Stadium, home of engage Super League side St Helens RLFC, and has been awarded full Test status by the Rugby League International Federation (RLIF).
Knowsley Road for a test match?

Someone is having a laugh. Talk about unambitious. The place is a dump and we want to stage a show piece game in it?

Dave
Yeah, I read that too, Dave. I wouldn't be all that keen on Noble taking time out from our problems to prepare for it, either.

Full story here:
http://www.therfl.co.uk/HOME/news_item_top.php?id=53
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Great Britain Lions to fac...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its strange aswell seeing that as i know it Stains have sold Knowsley Road in order to build an up to date stadium because they know how bad their current ground is :conf:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
FROM A TO B

Re: Great Britain Lions to...

Post by FROM A TO B »

The only thing I'd test at KR is a new range of fire lighters.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Reading it more closely, I noticed this bit:
"The New Zealand Rugby League have confirmed that their team - which will be coached by Brian McClennan - will be selected from New Zealand qualified players currently playing in the engage Super League competition"

Maybe he'll select DV? :sly:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

GeoffN posted:
"The New Zealand Rugby League have confirmed that their team - which will be coached by Brian McClennan - will be selected from New Zealand qualified players currently playing in the engage Super League competition"

Yeah he may need a pack mule to carry about all the equipment :wink:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

GeoffN posted:

How can the match be given full test status if the NZers aren't going to pick all their best players? Its just an excuse for GB to beat the reigning Tri-Nations champions to get the media interested in our chances for the next one (which we have no chance in because of the way our fixtures have been drawn up - again! :angry: )
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
heydude

Post by heydude »

it also says that a few austrialian based kiwis might play but i wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :D
don't eat yellow snow
willie c

Post by willie c »

Mike posted:
GeoffN posted:

How can the match be given full test status if the NZers aren't going to pick all their best players? Its just an excuse for GB to beat the reigning Tri-Nations champions to get the media interested in our chances for the next one (which we have no chance in because of the way our fixtures have been drawn up - again! :angry: )
thats the way it will stay with our games until they start the tri nations two week later as the aussies and kiwis have already played each other twice before we start due to the grand final being played
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Why a NZ patched up squad?
If they want a good crowd puller, make it a rest of the world squad made up of all overseas players based in the UK not just NZ.
Anyway, on the bright side, at least it will give all our team a week off!!!!!!!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered