Dave Whelan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chorleywarrior

Dave Whelan

Post by chorleywarrior »

I've just read on BBC Sport that Whelan has said that Noble will be given plenty of time to rebuild the team,however if in 4 years time we have not won any silverware then he will step down!I can't believe he has come out with a comment like that,it's bad enough us fans have been concerned all week whether Noble was coming or not and now we get him here Whelan says you've got 4 years or I'm off!!!
Where would that leave our club?
Cruncher

Re: Dave Whelan

Post by Cruncher »

I fnd it hard to believe that Whelan would still be in charge in 4 years time anyway. Look at the man's age.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

chorleywarrior posted:
I can't believe he has come out with a comment like that,
You may remember he came out with a statement along the lines of he would take Wigan RLFC into RU due to the salary cap being imposed (or some such reason) a few years back.

Could you believe that?

This is in my opinion yet another example of Dave Whelan opening his mouth before engaging his brain as was the Wigan to RU statement.

He does this every now and again.

I don't know what context his latest statement was made in, i.e. positive in that he can't believe we won't win a trophy in four years, or negative in that if we don't win a trophy he is off.

Either way its just another unhelpful statement along the same lines as the union one as it just gives ammo to people who says he is not commited to the Warriors (cue WNAC).

He'd be better off if he kept his trap shut as this just adds pressure to bring success back to the club.

Dave
UnsungPanapa

Post by UnsungPanapa »

chorleywarrior posted:
I've just read on BBC Sport that Whelan has said that Noble will be given plenty of time to rebuild the team,however if in 4 years time we have not won any silverware then he will step down!I can't believe he has come out with a comment like that,it's bad enough us fans have been concerned all week whether Noble was coming or not and now we get him here Whelan says you've got 4 years or I'm off!!!
THE MAN'S AN IDIOT FULL STOP! ask anyone who's ever done business for him, done business with him or worked for him,there's only one thing that gets his attention and that's MONEY. He'd sell is own grandmother if he could make a profit.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

UnsungPanapa posted:
chorleywarrior posted:
THE MAN'S AN IDIOT FULL STOP! ask anyone who's ever done business for him, done business with him or worked for him,there's only one thing that gets his attention and that's MONEY. He'd sell is own grandmother if he could make a profit.
But a very successful idiot. Whether or not you agree with his methods, the results are beyond doubt. So long as he keeps bankrolling our club I'm not too bothered what he does with the rest of his dosh.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

He's only given Noble a deal until 2008 and then it is strongly thought he'd go to NRL to coach. So if he never makes it 4 years at Wigan Whelan's promise becomes void.
PiltonHark

Post by PiltonHark »

You pie eaters are never happy are you, the bloke is throwing money at the team, built you a brand new stadium, and you're still moaning. I wish Leigh had a benefactor such as Mr Whelan, maybe he'll do a swap?
tan-luvs-tickle

Post by tan-luvs-tickle »

pies are good
Ancient And Loyal..x
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

good luck to brian noble in trying get this team good again in 4 years. i think if we get relegated this season i think whelan will let us go :(. id love see trevor hemmings or someone like him buy us. someone who loves rugby league.
IN WANE WE TRUST
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Give DW a break, yes he's a rich benefactor and you dont get to his position without being careful with your cash to a certain extent (at least he's not a bookie like Mo!).Whilst I think his timing for this comment is a bit off would anyone expect him to stick around in 4 years time having watched even more of his money go down the toilet?