Worried

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Worried

Post by MrsLam »

I was watching bradford before and being neutral (damn penrith) I was watchin out for the kind of tackles bradford were doin. Now im really worried, we all know what happened last time to lil carney and they're sneaky, there were a few times when they had a played blockin out the refs view while the other twisted ankles or shoved their face into the ground. We dont have enough players fit at the mo to get anyone else injured :(
I really hope nezt week any dirty tactics they might be planning are noticed. Still cant wait though!!! Only a week now
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
southern warrrior

Re: Worried

Post by southern warrrior »

mrs lam your spot on there they were so typically dirty its not true im sorry brit or not i always want our nearest rivals to get bashed before they visit us but im afraid they did the bashing and started where they left off and the end of last season, leon pryce you dirty git .thankfully the filthy lowes is has hung up his boots but there's still more of them than you d want doing the bashing. :sly:
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

bradford have always been a dirty team. i reakon we will be prepared for that.. however u gotta say that the bulls cruised past penrith.. the panthers lack of a pre season really showed tonight.. ( ring any bells?LOL) it was always gonna be a big ask for us next friday.. lets just hope smith o`conner & the big lads get that forward going early... they are beatable..
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

it's not sissy football so wot ohhhh there a dirty team so are wigan Terry Newton always has his arm in someones face and there nothing wrong with that. every team uses dirty tactics its part of the game as long as we dont get carried away and go too far we'll giv as good as we get.
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
mario

Post by mario »

i thought penrith were very fortunate to win the grand final last year. defence was never thier strong point which showed in fridays game, but i still think they came under prepared. i don't know when they arrived in britain but perhaps that was a factor. had bradford met canterbury, roosters or n z warriors i think they would have been easily beaten.
we have our work cut out on friday with our injuries, but weve got a more agile side than penrith and i dont see why we can't run them off the park and like danny jones says weve got quite a few of our own that can dish it out. i don't think any of the players will admit it ,but i bet most of them want a bit of revenge for the carney incident!
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

if faz was playin hed kill pryce after the carney incident faz went for pryce n pryce kept feelin his balls in tackles queer!!!!!!!!!!! so hopefully faz has told the lads 2 giv im a gud bashin
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
warriors

Post by warriors »

Me my girlfriend, and her parents watch the game(On sky). We all think that wigan get their ars kicked.

But we are all still going to the game. To try an give them GOOD LUCK.

We all say that Bradford did play a very good game.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Might have realised I dont like negative comments.
Everyone underestimated us last year, for where we'd finish in the league, for how far we'd get in the cup and playing against the bigger teams and we only half proved ourselves last year. I think with it being the first big game we've played since that final and the fact that were playing a team that everyone thinks will "be the team to beat this year" we might do better than people expect.
Really really hope we do, it'd be great to beat """""the team of 2004"""""" first game of the season.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
redhead

Post by redhead »

I have to say a team carnt be judged in one game but over a season and Penrith were excellent last season but they were very under prepared I think they thought they would cruise past us Brits and didnt do any warm up games, even though there were offers there so it really is their own fault. As for friday Im not worried I think we'll be fine..and if not well its the first game and we can learn from it and get our injured back our young lads are excellent
the little walnut