Warriors squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Warriors squad

Post by nathan_rugby »

I would just like to ask all what expierence did that andrew farrar have as i was looking at the starting 13 against harlequins last week and it looked a mess with players playing out of position. The squad was
Dennis Moran,Chris Ashton, Sean Gleeson, Pat Richards, Brett Dallas, Kevin Brown, Danny Orr, Bryn Hargreaves, Mickey Higham, Oliver Wilkes, Danny Tickle, Tim Jonkers, Sean O'Loughlin
Comon i could pick a better starting 13 with the players available and im 14 with more players in position mine would have been.
Ashton. richards. gleeson. brown. dallas. godwin. moran. feka. higham. hargreaves. james. tickle. lockers.. only player out of position is godwin but he is playing miles better then orr at the time and hooker is pretty similar to stand off as ball skills required. what do you guys think
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
waterside glens

Re: Warriors squad

Post by waterside glens »

did you see nobby explaining what he wanted the players to do to farrar at the start of sats game.it sure took a lot of explaining
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

yep. But i was talking about when farrer was in full charge of the quins game doesnt have a clue imo.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

you have a good point about people playing out of position,farrar should have picked the players in their favoured position and then filled the gaps that where left
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

correct. I have a lot of respect to moran who played at full back as it is a hard daunting role. He didnt have a bloody clue though. Tackling legs near line and not attempting to strip or secure ball when over line like ashton did when sprinted back to tackle anderson showing spirit. Why couldt farrar see this, i did.