Skipper

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chrisJJ

Skipper

Post by chrisJJ »

is lockers to young to e the skipper or should we keep him going?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
ChrisA

Re: Skipper

Post by ChrisA »

Better question.

Do we really need this topic raising every other day ?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whilst lockeyer was injured last year i couldnt wait for his return. I was expecting a great loose forward as was many. He never does any ball handling, never links up with the forwards and backs and is hardly involved in attack which loose forwards should be. With him being captain aswell, he is one of the quietest players on the pitch. When we had faz i could hear him from FF in the south stand. Lockers never shouts at the players, leads them in example, encourages them. At the moment it looks as if we dont have a captain.
The other week i was watching newcastle nights and andrew johns was talking to his players throught. He made sure they got the ball back for another set and said comon boys ive got you this set 6 hard runs and i will give you a rest and he did. Somebody like that we need.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

nathan_rugby posted:
Whilst lockeyer was injured last year i couldnt wait for his return. I was expecting a great loose forward as was many.
Wouldn't he have remained a full-back cum half-back, as he was before? :conf: I know Lockyer's good, but I've not thought of him as a loose-forward before.

Morale of this message - type more slowly and read what you've written before clicking "Post Message"...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]