Russel Smith/ Parking space

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Russel Smith/ Parking space

Post by warriors »

Where can i start?????

Bulls was squared, all the way throught the game. They only got pulled up for it once. :conf:

When we was squared, we got pulled up for it straight away. :conf:

The first 15 mins, was ok. But then from there is was all bad ref.

When we tryed to park in the first car park, they said that it was full. So we had to go back around to the other one.

But when we went past the first car park, we saw more cars parked up. An they was all bulls fans. :angry:
wolftown warrior

Re: Russel Smith/ Parking spac...

Post by wolftown warrior »

yeah some of the decisions were awful! but that only got us more angry & lost concentration.. the first try came after all our pressure & a quick tap when we were not ready.. & the second before the half, ( which in my opinion lesley played the man not the ball!!!! ) was disgraceful..

second half, we just got run over. we should have made more of our oppertunitys in the first half.. 4 line drop outs i think?? & no points to show for it..

as for the parking situ, that sux.. sounds like they were delibratly trying to pi$$ u off!!!
Alex the Warrior

Re: Russel Smith/ Parking spac...

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I'm never too happy to see Russell Smith reffing games against Bradford. I'm sure we all rememeber the penalty he gave them with the last kick off the match a couple of seasons back.

We did concede too many penalties first half, but he wasn't even handed. Typical Stevo on sky saying that all the penalties we conceded were correct, but that twice Smith was sensible in not penalising Bradford so that the game could keep moving!! I thought the sin binning was a joke. A good tactic to run at a man who hasn't got back onside, Terry Newton likes to do this often for us, but to bin Robinson for it is a joke.

Thought we played well first half. Just a bit slack for a few seconds in ending up with your prop kicking on the last tackle and the loose defence at the tap on the 20. Second try was a dreadful decision, but did you really expect it to be disallowed.

Disappointed 2nd half. If you're two tries down, you have to score the next one and it's ok if it takes half an hour as long as you score next, but we started the half as if we only had 10 minutes left and just frantically coughed up possession on a number of occassions. The game was lost then and the farce where we returned possession under our posts on the first tackle summed it all up.

Maybe we were under cooked again. Hopefully, the games with Widnes and Salford will get them up to first gear.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
ian.birchall

Smith still the best referee

Post by ian.birchall »

Common Alex, what about the match at the JJB 2 seasons ago where he sin binned 2 Bradford players in the last 10 minutes and we came back for an unlikely win. We were still 2 stone/man lighter than the bulls and we were playing more or less an English team against a team with 6 overseas players in and just be grateful that they had another 2 overseas players out injuries, thats the real tragedy :o
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the grinch

Re: Smith still the best refer...

Post by the grinch »

it's the first game of the season and it isn't a devastating blow to us we lost to castleford first game last season and still made the grand final bradford are the best in the competition at the moment and we competed well for most of the game yea i know we let a few soft try's in but all in all we wern't to far off the mark.we will get better as the season kicks on and we will play bradford again!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart