Micky Higham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dorsey

Re: Micky Higham

Post by Dorsey »

Think he is doing ok really, came under a bit of a cloud because of what happened with Terry N and he is certainly a different sort of player but you only had to listen to the Warrington/Bradford game today to realise that TN is a marked man - he even got yellow carded today when it wasn't him! Wouldn't be averse to Terry coming back but not at the expense of Higham who will continue to develop and do ok for us.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

louis0071 posted:
i know it nout do with this but does any 1 know wot time training starts and finish for the lads at orell tomra
Moderator request - please can you write using normal English, it'll make it easier for the rest of us. Thanks, Fraggle.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
sma1ex

Post by sma1ex »

Was really pleased with mickey Higham's performance yesterday. For the first time i feel he has out played Godwin. All season I was waiting for him to get dragged off and bring Wagga on to produce abit of flair. but fair credit to higham he showed what he was made of yesterday. Really do hope we dont lose wagga at the end of the season!!! Maurice get your pen out and give him a extention!!
mario

Post by mario »

He had to play well, seen as Noble couldn't wait to get rid of him last time he had him as a player!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

louis0071 posted:
i know it nout do with this but does any 1 know wot time training starts and finish for the lads at orell tomra
Are you on about Orrell RUFC?

Wigan do not train at Orrell anymore they train at St John Rigby College and there is no office time that they train they just turn up when Noble tells them to.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

mario posted:
He had to play well, seen as Noble couldn't wait to get rid of him last time he had him as a player!
What do you mean last time Noble had Higham as a player was in the Tri-Nations and Higham played extremely well against the Aussies and the New Zealanders. I don't think that Noble was trying to get rid of him as he was one of the best players. If anything Noble would have been pleased to have Higham at Wigan after working with him in the Great Britian setup.
mario

Post by mario »

Last time he had Higham as a player was at Bradford!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

mario posted:
Last time he had Higham as a player was at Bradford!
Yes for 20 minutes :conf:

He was never going to be a Bradford player he was bought so that Bradford could get Newton not because Bradford wanted Higham.
mario

Post by mario »

So Noble must prefer Newton, otherwise he would have kept Higham.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think higham has struggled but i do think he is a quality player and as he gain confidence he will only get better. He was awesome when saints used to put him on when fat boy cunningham got tired, i think his slow start could has not been helped by the whole team not playing when. One of highams faveourite things to do is quick scoots from dummy half but up until last game there was no-one there to support him which meant he just got flattened and looked pap. His work rate is very high and he is a good defensive player so i think he is good and will only get better. I think wagga is outplaying him slightly at the moment but in the last game higham looked like getting some of his old form back.

As for terry well there is no denying he is one of the best ball handlers in the game today and he has agression and passion but he is prone to injury and is prone to going mad and throwing his fists. I obviously would welcome him back if he were to come but to be honest i think the Wagga - Higham partenership will be much more productive in the long run just needs a little fine tuning
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure