Oldest super League Player

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Oldest super League Player

Post by nathan_rugby »

Hi i would just like to ask who is the oldest player to play in a super league match. My dad thinks it was a black man around 38. Does anybody know who it is?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
- psycho -

Re: Oldest super League Player

Post by - psycho - »

nathan_rugby posted:
Hi i would just like to ask who is the oldest player to play in a super league match. My dad thinks it was a black man around 38. Does anybody know who it is?
i wouldn't look to far past 'the genie', stanley gene :sly: . he says he's 31 but that is a load of BULL (so to say)
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
nathan_rugby

Re: Oldest super League Pl...

Post by nathan_rugby »

It wont be gene as nobody knows how old he is. Whoe is the oldest person on paper.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

nathan_rugby posted:
It wont be gene as nobody knows how old he is. Whoe is the oldest person on paper.
i dont know. just because no one knows how old he is doesn't neccasserily mean he isn't the oldest. if we dont know he could be like 50! i reckon he is at least 35.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

I think its Brad Davis at Castleford, hes probably retired the most of any player I think he is 38 and also on the coaching staff
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MarkWestStand posted:
I think its Brad Davis at Castleford, hes probably retired the most of any player I think he is 38 and also on the coaching staff
I'm pretty sure you're right, Mark, except that he hasn't really retired, he's played for Cas this season.
And yep, he's 38, for all those (like me) who criticise Aussies being over the hill at 30!

I remember Stevo complaining about Davis being too old during a televised game (might have been the NL1 GF last year?) whereupon he got the MoM award!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

GeoffN posted:
MarkWestStand posted:
I'm pretty sure you're right, Mark, except that he hasn't really retired, he's played for Cas this season.
And yep, he's 38, for all those (like me) who criticise Aussies being over the hill at 30!

I remember Stevo complaining about Davis being too old during a televised game (might have been the NL1 GF last year?) whereupon he got the MoM award!
i think Stevo had been complaining for a while before the NL1 GF, He was made to eat his words after davis performance in that Grand Final
mario

Re: Oldest super League Player

Post by mario »

nathan_rugby posted:
Could be Paul Sterling.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mario posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
Could be Paul Sterling.
Could be yeah, I think he stopped playing though when he was 36. Leeds signed him when he was 32, he still did very well for them.

Didn't he file a racial discrimination charge with the league after Dean Lance told him he would never play for Leeds no matter how well he played ?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mario posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
Could be Paul Sterling.
Nope, he was "only" 36 when he last played SL.