Warriors Visit Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Warriors Visit Warriors

Post by GeoffN »

The New Zealand Warriors will send a party to visit Wigan in May to learn about the Warriors community development, marketing and commercial practices.
The NZ Warriors have pinpointed Wigan Warriors as one of the leading sports clubs in the UK, and have asked to meet with officials to share best practice.
The party will be lead by Marketing and Sales Manager Richard Howarth who will use the opportunity of a break in NRL fixtures to visit the Club.
Warriors Marketing Director Simon Collinson said:
"There are a lot of synergies between the two clubs, not least our nicknames, and we will be pleased to welcome the NZ club to the JJB Stadium."
He continued: "We are delighted that our off-field activities have been recognised as far away as New Zealand.
"It will also be an interesting to discover what makes rugby league in New Zealand tick, to share ideas and ultimately learn from each other."

Hope they bring some of the players with them!
ChrisA

Re: Warriors Visit Warriors

Post by ChrisA »

Yeah drop us Brent Webb and Clinton Toopi while you're here.
GeoffN

Re: Warriors Visit Warrior...

Post by GeoffN »

ChrisA posted:
Yeah drop us Brent Webb and Clinton Toopi while you're here.
Exactly the two I first thought of!

I like the look of Fien & Ropati in the halves too, from what little I've seen of them this season.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We got Mr. Big Baby Feka from there didnt we.

I think its a good idea, NZW coming over, communoity dev etc... good for both clubs.

Long Live #10
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
WiganWarrior

Re: Warriors Visit Warriors

Post by WiganWarrior »

GeoffN posted:
The New Zealand Warriors will send a party to visit Wigan in May to learn about the Warriors community development, marketing and commercial practices. The NZ Warriors have pinpointed Wigan Warriors as one of the leading sports clubs in the UK, and have asked to meet with officials to share best practice.
The party will be lead by Marketing and Sales Manager Richard Howarth who will use the opportunity of a break in NRL fixtures to visit the Club.
Warriors Marketing Director Simon Collinson said:
"There are a lot of synergies between the two clubs, not least our nicknames, and we will be pleased to welcome the NZ club to the JJB Stadium."
He continued: "We are delighted that our off-field activities have been recognised as far away as New Zealand.
"It will also be an interesting to discover what makes rugby league in New Zealand tick, to share ideas and ultimately learn from each other."

Hope they bring some of the players with them!
Community work yes, as for Marketing i think we are poor
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Do they have a big winger who is like big les. I remember watching tri nations last year and seeing him destroy oz in a match. What is he called.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."