The game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
eccles2

The game

Post by eccles2 »

Great result,but where were we in the first half.Second half it looked as though Gregory had give the players a right blasting,they looked like the wigan of old.Superb defence and we looked like we could break at any time.Any one else think that Kev Brown should be in Robbos position?Nice One boys,bring on Salford. :D
warriors

Re: The game

Post by warriors »

What happened in the first half?????? When they got to the end of their set, they rushed when they where passing, an lost it,or hospital pass. They said that Luke got a knock to the head, so he wasnt that good. An Carny got a bad tackle, an he had to go off, my favorite player. They think that it is a broken leg or ankle. But if anyone Knows an you tells us. We thought that when they brought Smith or for Carny. That he wasnt really the person to change. But then he proved us wrong, almost a hatric.

In the second half, wigan was awesome. They kept widnes at their end, good passing. they was unstopable. Like they say, Wigan are the best in the second half. When they went in to the changing room, after the first half. they must of had a good talking to.

Saints have beat Bradford . They are out of the cup.wicked. But if we have to play Saints, we will have to be prepared.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Gawd! The first half had me worried, it felt we were back at odsal but fair play to em they came back out in the second half and put everything in. It looked like we had a few more moves too with the little kick from aspinwall unless it was just luck, thought we looked like we actually wanted to win second half. Hopefully that'll be the end of stupid passes to the opposition when we're nearly over the try line, C smith, O'Connor, Newton and Scully all had some good drives forward.
Helps when we play as a team as shown in the final score...
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

i was surprised they wern`t booed off at the half!! we were terrible, it reminded me of last week, no invention down in the final third & couldn`t string two passes together...
second half.. wow! what a difference.. whatever coach gegory said at half time worked!!! LOL

the only bright spark for me first half was young brown.. outstanding, but you could pick five or six second have.. good home debut from orr...

my only concern is luke.. don`t wanna judge him to early.. he has a lot of pressure on him, but some of the passes he was dishing first half were terrible, & it seemed like he was trying TO hard..
settled down second.. & ok he gives awy some stupid penatlies but that is the youth in him!! for a little lad he can tackle..lol i`m not gonna come down on him... i`m sure he will get some stick though...

great second half!!
well see u all there next weekend!!
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

what a result wigan where the underdogs in that match after the loss of Brian Carney i thought wigans chances of bening challege cup finalists where out of the window but now i they might just win it now :D
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.