New signing Danny Hill

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
taskmaster

Re: New signing Danny Hill

Post by taskmaster »

Gibbo posted:
If the lad is only half decent, he should be included in the starting line up cos what we have got at minute are just people playing on names. Give the lad a chance. Nobby must have seen something in him :)
totally agree with you
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

taskmaster posted:
to many second rows in a dysfunctional side its an organiser and playmaker we need but saying that lets give the the lad a try you never know it could be geared to fletch at loose and lockers to 6 orr to7 moron out
Lets hope so.

Ive seen players in a lot of sports just have a bad game where nothing goes for them.

Never seen anything like Moan on Sat. Personal opinion he just does not care about the side.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

taskmaster posted:
to many second rows in a dysfunctional side its an organiser and playmaker we need but saying that lets give the the lad a try you never know it could be geared to fletch at loose and lockers to 6 orr to7 moron out
Lockers has already been tried at stand-off, and was even worse than Orr or Brown. Hill would get in ahead of Wilkes, perhaps, who hasn't impressed, and also ahead of Tickle on this season's showing, but Fletcher and James have been playing pretty well, and Hock is due back soon. Nothing against the lad, but most of us on here have correctly identified centre and both half-backs as our "weakest links", and his signing does nothing to address our problems there.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
Hill would get in ahead of Wilkes, perhaps, who hasn't impressed, and also ahead of Tickle on this season's showing, but Fletcher and James have been playing pretty well, and Hock is due back soon.
Wasn't Tickle injured at the end of the game last week? - pretty sure he damaged his shoulder. Hock won't be back for a couple of weeks at least so it looks likely that Hill will be on the bench at least.

I don't think that Noble intends on retaining Tickle at the end of the season. He hasn't shown anywhere near the form or commitment of past seasons - pretty much since Newton left. Hill signing also seems to signify that James will be released at the end of the season - which is a shame. He's been the best of all the "panic" signings after the season started.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
Hill signing also seems to signify that James will be released at the end of the season - which is a shame. He's been the best of all the "panic" signings after the season started.
I think they got James' and Wilkes' contracts the wrong way round - I'd rather see Wilkes going and James staying another year.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

taskmaster posted:
Think i agree with you taskmaster on this. Put lockers at 6 and move orr or higham to scrum half and moron to the bin. we need to change things at half back and this may be nobbys way of doing it.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

:eusa16:
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
ragman

Post by ragman »

Interesting......

On his blocked thread, WNAC manages to inform us that Hill is both unknown, and not good enough.

Marvellous gift, this psychic ability of his...
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Come on! Tomkins deserves another half-season at least. He's still young - if he hadn't been on a sinking ship, he might have done a lot better already. Heard his brother's pretty good too.
Hansen - keep - he worked bloody hard last season.
James has worked hard but won't have a future if Hock/Fletcher/Richards/Hill & Co stay fit.Wilkes - nowt special.
Want to see Hock in action. If he can put the last year out of his mind - he COULD be very good.
Ted Mac
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

been on the hull site they are gutted he as left ,but hes a little injury prone so i guess he had to come to us they think hell come back and bite there asses not my words :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME