wakey predictions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: wakey predictions

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
To be honest, KK has always been one of the worst referees. Inconsistency has always seemed to be his middle name, he'll often penalise one team for something whilst letting the same thing go for the other.
What you do not know though Fraggle is how many times he has warned either side before penalising. If he warns one side 5 times, then penalises them, then the other side commit the same offence 4 times he is being totally consistent if he does not penalise them, even if it appears the contrary.
Forward passes were a good example on Friday, he let a lot go before finally penalising one that wasn't really any worse than a half dozen that had gone before but un-noticed. These weren't "line balls" or "momentum rule" things, they were passes that were a good few degrees forward but he wasn't interested.
If you look where Kirkpatrick was positioned when he spotted that forward pass it explains why. He was stood in the middle of the field, the ball was played to the wing and instead of tracking back to keep out of the way he remained near the play slightly infield giving him a better view of the forward pass. It's difficult to see a forward pass when you're not inline with the play and very often the referee is stood 6-10 m or so ahead of it. The touch judge cannot signal to the referee that there has been a forward pass unless the referee makes eye contact with him, he'll generally only do this if one team is shouting about it or it's totally blatent (to him, not to the spectator in the stand).
Interestingly, the Cas fans are complaining about the number of penalties KK did give us on Friday, and yet we're unhappy thinking that we should have had even more...
When the referee gets criticism from both sets of players it usually means he's had a good game and penalised both sets of players for offences.
demt82

Post by demt82 »

wakey by 10-20
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Flash posted:
When the referee gets criticism from both sets of players it usually means he's had a good game and penalised both sets of players for offences.
Interesting point of view. Criticism from all sides = a good game. Moran must be having a cracking season! :D
Moran's not a referee. When both sets of fans think they have been hard done by it often shows he has been penalising both sides. Everyone wants their team to get away with everything and the other team to be punished for everything.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

How many more penalties would Cas have had to conceed before KK put someone in the bin? Usually after a couple in a row the ref warns the captain - I didn't even see him do that on Friday night.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Flash posted:
I'm sorry mate, but that is a massive generalisation. Fans often complain because the ref makes bad decisions, not simply because he makes any decisions. KK had a stinker on Friday (in fact just watched the 'not held try' again on Boots n all and even Stevo knows that once a 2nd attacking player becomes involved, then that is tackle complete...pity the man in charge didn't!). I, for one, am complaining about his performance because of the poor decisions made during that match as discussed all over this board, not because he made some correct ones which is after all what he is there for!
Oh I know it was a big generalisation and I agree Kirkpatrick had a bad game. What I meant was that you often gets both sets of fans saying the referee was unfairly treating their side, when this happens he's very often had a decent game.

I think Kirkpatrick should have shouted held on the tackle you've mentioned but at the same time our players are to blame for not waiting for the referees call.

Fawdoffshed - you sound like a decent rugby fan, however, you get an awful lot of blinkered fans that feel it necessary to remind the referee that there are two sides, when it's blatently clear that he's giving the same treatment to both sides.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

May I mention Silverwood at Hull, or is that the others weeks moan? KK this weeks, so what will saturday night/sunday morning' moan be about?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ancientnloyal posted:
May I mention Silverwood at Hull, or is that the others weeks moan? KK this weeks, so what will saturday night/sunday morning' moan be about?
Hopefully hangovers after a record victory!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

in reality it itll be a close game, now rooney is missing for the wildcats.

we have some returnees from injury in Bret "The Seahorse" Dallas and David "[inupt name]" Vaeliki so hopefully some attacking potential now calderwood is out. Dallas returning is good because he runs and doesnt give up easily, one of our best players this season dont you think.

I watching match on Sky Sports im afraid, so i guess i can hear 'biases' eddie n stevo are giving (as noted in the press0 towards wigIn.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Wakey and Pies...A tough call, this game. :conf:
Wakey no Jeffries...Pies with strong wings and 3/4's.
It's all down to the forwards and I think Wakey edge it there.

Ps, take Warrington to beat the Stains by 12 @ odds of 20/1
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Wakey and Pies...A tough call, this game. :conf:
Wakey no Jeffries...Pies with strong wings and 3/4's.
It's all down to the forwards and I think Wakey edge it there.
Where do you get the "no Jeffries" info? Have you been listening to Stevo?
Wakefield: Halpenny, Demetriou, Whittle, Tadulala, Jeffries, Obst , Griffin, March, Korkidas, Solomona, Betham, White, Wrench, MacGillivray, Applegarth, Ferguson, Catic, Saxton, Atkins, Watene.

No Rooney, though, which helps.

Ps, take Warrington to beat the Stains by 12 @ odds of 20/1
That would be nice, but I think I'll save my money! :wink: