Barrett early.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Barrett early.

Post by damien morrissey »

The Daily star today reported that if we lose tommorrow then Wigan may try and negotiate Trents early release from St George for this season even though it will mean the release of a current halfback and that Bath will have competition for the signing of Chev Walker somthing to do with his close friend Calderwood.
I am just imagining the results with those two in our side this year.
If only...
- psycho -

Re: Barrett early.

Post by - psycho - »

i doubt that trenty boy is on his way yet. we dont want to be to risky with what we do. chev walker...............now id love it if we had him. look how many tries calders had with him as his center at leeds. the possibilities :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

We have a better chance of getting Barret than Walker for this season. Although we would have to lose a quota player to do so, we would have to pay off Moran, and pay Barret a bucket load of cash for this season. Sounds a little too much to me to be true.
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

If Whelan has the millions to throw at the Latics (he was prepared to pay £20million for Michael Owen), then why not throw a couple of hundred thousand at Barrett to save the Titanic of RL from sinking.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if we lose to wakefield, ship sunk. i thought from years of experience you would realsie that whelan is a little tight fisted with his money.........he is a business man and business men dont like giving money away.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
damien morrissey

ChrisA posted:
We have a better chance of getting Barret than Walker for this season. Although we would have to lose a quota player to do so, we would have to pay off Moran, and pay Barret a bucket load of cash for this season. Sounds a little too much to me to be true.
Pay Moran off it sounds even better pay Barrett a load of cash if it keeps us up he deserves it.
To be honest this is the first i have heard about Walker wanting to leave Leeds but if Barrett did come over i cant see him making an immediate impact in terms of results just due to the fact that one of his strengths is his interplay with the centres. At the moment we have DV well enough has been said about that and Richards who looks more and more like an out and out winger it will seriously negate what he can do.
It certainly cant hurt us but what are the rules regarding buying him out of his contract and the salary cap.The Quota is obvious as you say Moran to go.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

If we intentionally go over the cap, we could risk losing all our points at the end of the season. Like Canterbury did in the NRL
damien morrissey

ChrisA posted:
If we intentionally go over the cap, we could risk losing all our points at the end of the season. Like Canterbury did in the NRL
Sorry Chris i wasnt being specific. What i should of said was will the cost to buy the release of a player count under the salary cap rule as well as the balance sheet. We all know DW can afford to get them if he chose to but would it go into the SC.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

but in the n.r.l there is no religation so all the points deducted from the team just ment they finished bottom that year. the r.f.l would do the same as they did when stains went over the limit 2 points and a fine.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

id like see it but it deffo wont happen. plus if whelan had his own way we would have best team in world but the salary cap stops it :(
IN WANE WE TRUST