Is the conspiracy genuine?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Is the conspiracy genu...

Post by cpwigan »

Mr Noble isn't hiding his thoughts whilst Tony Smith is diplomatically admitting how fortunate Wakey were.
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

cpwigan posted:
When it happens to you pal I bet you will take the same view. You really are just a troll Primrose n blue.
Thought it was quite funny when they asked Cullen what he would have thought if the Richard's situation had happened to Warrington if they were in the same position as us at the moment - he sort of said it was the correct decision and he would have accepted it (not in those words) - yeah Paul we believe you, you'd have been dead happy![/quote]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Getting relegated will be a disaster.

Nothing good will come of it such as getting rid of dross players as thegimble mentiioned.

Several players contracts are up at rhe end of the season anyway including Moran's and so anyone saying relegation would be a good thing to get rid of a few players wnats their heads testing.

Dave
I agree that going down is a bad thing. But this has been coming. For the last 3 season were going backwards. Were recrurting badly. Not in terms of coaches but in players.

If we do go down we can attempt to improve the side. We can loan as ive said. Were not like Widnes and Leigh we have decent players. The ones ive mentioned we would have a decent side in NL1.

We need to be realistic now we need Quins not to win a game before we get to them. We could be 3 points behind them if we beat the Frogs. We do them then were 1 behind.

They have 3 away we have 3 home before we play each other. If Noble does the decent thing and removes Moran then we could claw our way back.

Were in deep now but its not impossible we could get to Quins. We also play the Frogs twice at home and that could be our get out of jail card.

Here's hoping. Its time for players to buck up and play. We have a decent run in if we start to play. Tonight the defence was better. We need 1 big win be it Leeds or Wolves and we could go on a run. there is hope.

Maybe we need Yoda in and use the force or even a witch doctor. But looking at the fixtures left it aint over yet. Qunins look just as bad as us. We need confidence building up in the next 2 games.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
I agree that going down is a bad thing. But this has been coming. For the last 3 season were going backwards. Were recrurting badly. Not in terms of coaches but in players.

If we do go down we can attempt to improve the side. We can loan as ive said. Were not like Widnes and Leigh we have decent players. The ones ive mentioned we would have a decent side in NL1.
The loan idea is a none starter. If we go down all players contracts become null and void. Any decent players will leave the club for any SL side who offers them a place.

The ones who will remain will not be the decent players but the ones no one wants.

Why would decent players who can go to an SL club full time bide their time for a year on the assumption Wigan will bounce back? Gold Coast start up next year so you can bet if we go down several of our players will find their way there as well such as Richards and Feka.

I also don't think we will have a good enough side to bounce back from NL1 as many expect. This is because we have a few decent players then a lot of dross that isn't that good and assuming they would be better than the Hull KR's of this world is a big assumption in my opinion.

That is why I think it is essential we stay in SL.

If we stay in SL we can keep the decent players and get rid of quite a few poor ones in the off season. It is actually easier for us to imporve while in SL than it is by getting relegated to NL1.

It will be very hard for Wigan to adjust to the NL1 way of working and if we go down I predict the only way back for Wigan maybe in 2009 via a franchise bid.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Being relegated is disasturous.