Re: Replace Moran for CC v Salford?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Replace Moran for CC v...

Post by GeoffN »

Likely_Lad posted:
GeoffN posted:
Leyther Pie posted:
I personally think that lockers is too big for a half back so i think take the captaincy off him and he will become an excellent loose forward.
Correct. Millward has already tried him at 6 and it was a disaster.
That's slightly unfair surely? He didn't play upto his capabilities but I'd say he was as good as Orr ever is for us.
Oh yes, I'd agree with you there. I was making the point that Lockers is better at 13 than at 6, not comparing Lockers to Orr. Keep him in his position, bring either of the hookers into scrum half, and anyone else (Brown, Coyle, Hock, Tomkins, my 80 yr old mum...) to stand-off.

Edit: just noticed he's got three "perfect" votes: what's his user name on here?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Id like to see Kev Brown have a go v Salford, he'll be fit and had time to watch old glory day videos of how its meant to be done... nah, jk

brown a chance do you think?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Likely_Lad posted:
GeoffN posted:
Leyther Pie posted:
I personally think that lockers is too big for a half back so i think take the captaincy off him and he will become an excellent loose forward.
Correct. Millward has already tried him at 6 and it was a disaster.

That's slightly unfair surely? He didn't play upto his capabilities but I'd say he was as good as Orr ever is for us.
Lockers never plays upto his capabilities, imo he is highly overated and hasnt impressed in the last few seasons. I'll probably get raided by the lockers fan club for that but i dont care, wigan is far bigger than lockers reputation :exc:
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

for the cup game ar salford we should put our under 21s out! we need to concentrate on the league and stuff cup competition! give the lads a week off and get them fresh for the games that count.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Anyone else would be more effective than Dennis. After yesterday, I'd be tempted to see about stealing Dobson from Catalans when his loan runs out in a fortnight.

Also, I watched Sale/Wasps yesterday and a certain Mr J Robinson looked back to his best for them, I wonder what he's up to over the summer? We could appeal to his sense of Christian altruism
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaiJones posted:
Anyone else would be more effective than Dennis. After yesterday, I'd be tempted to see about stealing Dobson from Catalans when his loan runs out in a fortnight.

Also, I watched Sale/Wasps yesterday and a certain Mr J Robinson looked back to his best for them, I wonder what he's up to over the summer? We could appeal to his sense of Christian altruism
Just seen the try that Robibson scored, what a beaut. Trouble is we would need him now not later
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Thats a great suggestion in jasonrobinson, but would he fit in... ashton at full back (fair enough)... calderwood when hes fit soon, dallas and richards as wingers... possibly richards at centre and fit robinson in on the wing. That will lift spirits up for Wigan and the fans... someone connected to the 'glory days' now Radlinski has sadly retired.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

the grinch posted:
for the cup game ar salford we should put our under 21s out! we need to concentrate on the league and stuff cup competition! give the lads a week off and get them fresh for the games that count.
Disagree, we should put a full strength squad out, as its another game for the players to use the new systems that nobby has brought in! If we lose, it doesnt cost us league points. If we win, the players will have had good practice using the new systems and it will provide the team with another freebie game and also much needed confidence!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

adiddy posted:
the grinch posted:
Disagree, we should put a full strength squad out, as its another game for the players to use the new systems that nobby has brought in! If we lose, it doesnt cost us league points. If we win, the players will have had good practice using the new systems and it will provide the team with another freebie game and also much needed confidence!
I think you are right adiddy. There is a week between salford and st helens. The players who matter (first team players) can adjust to noble still and learn... if they win, brings in confidence over high-flying salford (who are stuttering at present).

The challenge cup IS the challenge cup. Its Wigans Cup and no matter what league position we are in, its part of Wigan RLFC's heritage. Who'd like a trip to Twickenham? I would. Show the world Wigan RLFC is not dead, 35000 wiganers in London, full of colour, full of spirit, singing St Helens is full of sh**!!! Great stuff.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
nextdoor

Post by nextdoor »

the grinch posted:
for the cup game at salford we should put our under 21s out! we need to concentrate on the league and stuff cup competition! give the lads a week off and get them fresh for the games that count.
never mind the cup game .IF WERE GOING DOWN!GET RID OF ALL THE OVER PAID OVER RATED OVER SEA PLAYERS and use our own grown talent.