Clinton Toopi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nine

Re: Clinton Toopi

Post by Nine »

BBC Manc said we have put an offer in for Toopi and that he mau join us "later in the season". Not too much later, I hope.
Squad number 18!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The Daily express tends to be pretty accurate with its announcements and it says we'll have an answer within the next 2-3 weeks as somebody has already said. I found it interesting that Toopi has said he doesnt want to retire in a team he wants to challenge for premierships so if he signs, with the additions of Barret and Bailey, i dont think wigan will go down. Those types of players wouldn't sign with a club where they may have their contracts terminated before they have begun?? As for joining us at the end of the season it mentions if things keep heading the way they are, or something along those lines, is that referring to Wigan at the bottom or his fall out with his club?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Nine posted:
BBC Manc said we have put an offer in for Toopi and that he mau join us "later in the season". Not too much later, I hope.
It is a possiblity Wigan could get Toopi this season whether on a full time contract or on loan because he is out of favour at New Zealand Warriors at the moment and he needs to get playing some matches if he wants to get in the Tri-Nations at the end of the season.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Won't it be good to see Trent Barrett and Toopi and whoever else running around at Mount Pleasant next season. We are doomed
Pain is temporary pride is forever
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

The Black Pearl posted:
Won't it be good to see Trent Barrett and Toopi and whoever else running around at Mount Pleasant next season. We are doomed
Thats sounds like a nice place maybe we could sign some more players with the promise of a tip to Mount Pleasant.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

these signings for next year may not last. look at david peachey, hes had his contract terminated even though his dads ill but these might make an excuse up.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Fawdoffshed posted:
If Brian Noble advertises for a Never-Say-Die-Conditioner, please don't apply.
He'd be better off going to the supermarket for a bottle of Pantene Pro-V if he wants some conditioner...

Time for bed, said Fraggle :D
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
Nine posted:
It is a possiblity Wigan could get Toopi this season whether on a full time contract or on loan because he is out of favour at New Zealand Warriors at the moment and he needs to get playing some matches if he wants to get in the Tri-Nations at the end of the season.
Have the NZ Warriors managed to sort out their problems with the salary cap yet? I know they've offloaded some players to try and get themselves under the cap, maybe another player off the payroll will help them out with that?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

i dont want toopi he cant even get in new zealand warriors team because he's been playing so badly it says he'll be playin for reserves or something on nrl website
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

GeoffN posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
his poor defence and tendency to though out bizarre passes...
Sounds ideal for us!
All depends on whether or not he's happy where he is, ya never know he may just be itching to play for us? we could do with some world class centres at Wigan.