Re: Leeds vs. Wigan: Preview

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Leeds vs. Wigan: Preview

Post by Mike »

How do you reckon we will go on against Leeds?
What team do you think we should play? Don't forget you can vote for the team you think should be picked by clicking on the "Team Selection Vote" link in the left hand side menu.
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?status=Userteam

Here is the latest injury news for the match:
Orr is ill with stomach bug - fitness test on Friday
Wild has ankle ligament damage - fitness test on Friday , likely to be OK (Hansen will be called up if he is unavailalbe)
Dallas has a groin strain - likely to be fit
Hock has a knee injury - likely to be fit
Sculthorpe got a bang to the head against Limoux - no info so I assume he is OK to play.

Long term injuries:
Cas - should be back against Wakefield
Faz - should be back against Huddersfield the next week
Lam - 5-6 weeks
Carney - 2 months
Hodgson - 2 months

Check out the injuries page for the latest info ...
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?status=Injuries
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
robjoenz

Re: Leeds vs. Wigan: Previ...

Post by robjoenz »

Injuries just get worse and worse don't they. That's 5 more players to the list now. They might not be serious doubts for the game but it suggests they perhaps aren't 100% fit.

One thing that we can say for the stand-ins such as Wild, Hansen, Melling etc. is that they have a lot of heart and last season the rookies produced the goods in the big games, most notable Good Friday :D So I think we have that edge over Leeds even if we haven't got a fully fit squad.

Someone said to me that Faz hinted that he might be fit for Friday (on Boots n All). I know Greg said he hasn't been running in training but that didn't stop him last season when we needed him and even though it's early in the season you can't put it past him.

If Orr is injured do you think that Brown and Robinson will play at 6 and 7, I can't think of any other combination?

We're by no means at full strength but if we goto Leeds believing we can win there is no reason we can't pick up the two points! I think a good Wigan turn out will help spur the players on so make sure you're all there!
warriors

Post by warriors »

bloody hell, someone must be tryin to take the whole team out. i hope that they will do good against Leeds, with the players that they have left, which have no injury or illness. I will be there with 3 other ppl, shouting an cheering them on.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

the team is a long way from our full squad all im expecting is they give a good game and entertain if we win great if not well i wont be to disapointed ill be there like i was at bradford all we have to do is keep ploding until the full team is back then im sure we can start to terrorise other teams but even without half the team we stand a real good chance lets just hope leeds play like they did against stains the other day!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

well lets hope the sea air improved our basics!! i have faith any of our boys as long as we do the basics well.. something we havem`t done yet this season.. limoux the exception.. i didn`t see it to judge!! LOL

were gonna struggle tomorrow, but i am hoping our young uns step up like ( as we all said ) saints last year..

think luke will have a big game tomorrow. he hasn`t had one in superleauge yet this year.. he is due a good showing!!

excited.. nervous.. the whole lot.. can`t wait till tomorrow...
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

robjoenz posted:

Someone said to me that Faz hinted that he might be fit for Friday (on Boots n All). I know Greg said he hasn't been running in training but that didn't stop him last season when we needed him and even though it's early in the season you can't put it past him
I agree with you robjoenz - thought Faz in his Micky Dolenz (Monkees) lookalike haircut was a bit mysterious about when he would start playing again and I almost wondered if he might turn up with his boots tonight though to be honest its probably more important at this stage of the season that we have a strong squad for next week rather than this - don't get me wrong I want us to win every game too but with all these injuries we can't expect miracles. I'll go and get my voice in shape for tonight now!