Idea

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Moore_115

Idea

Post by Moore_115 »

ive had a think will it be possible 2 have a download section i.e wall papers or screen savers

ive also thought if its possible to have a moble louge so u can get wigan warriors on your moble back ground please post your views on this
:doz:
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
Fraggle

Re: Idea

Post by Fraggle »

I maybe wrong, but you're making the assumption that things like screensavers and wallpapers exist in order for you to download them! Remember, this is a fan site developed by a fan (thanks Mike!), not an officially sanctioned or commercial site which often has more resource available to develop this kind of thing if the site hosts think it might encourage more people to go to their site. If people have got screensavers and the like they'd be prepared to share (and doesn't breach someone else's copyright) then that's great, but I've never seen too much of this kind of thing on the web.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

just looking at bradford site. They have a mobilezone never new that so any bradford supporters on here im not copying. Anyway on that they have on their mobilezone they have Ringtones, wall papers logos and text alert havent seen anything about download for computers. :roll:
warriors

Post by warriors »

it is possible to do that. Depends on if Mike will put something like that on the website. I would like it if he would do that. If he would choose to do that, then it will attracked more ppl to the site. Because there will be other things on the site, not just info, message board etc.

It would also be cool if we could have a mini on the site. but that will be asking for to much. we will just stick for asking for wallpaper download.
:D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
I maybe wrong, but you're making the assumption that things like screensavers and wallpapers exist in order for you to download them! Remember, this is a fan site developed by a fan (thanks Mike!), not an officially sanctioned or commercial site which often has more resource available to develop this kind of thing if the site hosts think it might encourage more people to go to their site. If people have got screensavers and the like they'd be prepared to share (and doesn't breach someone else's copyright) then that's great, but I've never seen too much of this kind of thing on the web.
There are plenty of freeware programs knocking about on the net for creating your own screensavers. Also we could share our own photos from the games, there'd be no copyright breach there. My backdrop is usually a pic taken at the game (Aspinwall leaving the field in Limoux at the moment).

If you look hard enough on the net you can find the midi file of Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis and Now We Are Free. With fancy new mobiles there is often software to create your own phone themes too.
mario

Post by mario »

Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

thanxs 4 that just been on not much on it :)