Re: Specualtion

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

OAM posted:
take as read Oval Balls Dobson as signed
I dont know whats better the prospect of a decent halfback or the end of Morans career at Wigan, if the rumors are true.
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

there has been a lot of speculation today but dont think the dobson signin will happen its to good to be true to be gettin rid of moron. also heard the 500k offer for 3 bradford players rumour.[/quote]
baz
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

nobby is getting rid of millwards signings and bringing his own players in. if we go over the salary cap then so be it! what will they do take two points off us like they did stains? if we stick with our current players we will be religated and maurice and whealan will do anything to avoid that.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

pieater-alex posted:
One things for certain over the past two weeks there has been a lot of specualtion and this is the summary of it all and jow reliable it is.
In the wigan reporter it said we're chasing clinton toopi he is a centre and isnt having a good time down under and we have also been linked with cev walker but i doubt that as we have signed phil bailey. Also Matt Dobson is supposed to sign in the next week and is expectrd to play in the saints game if he does sign and i assume moran will be dropped or better still sold. Also we're alleged to of made a bid for terry newton and paul johnson there terry newton bid i can understand as godwin in injured and I saw him at the salford match I dont noif anyone else did. As for paul Johnson we've already showed intrest and we didnt meet the price allegedly but this time were supposed to off gone for the full price. Also Oliver Wilkes is being linked with Widnes so a lot of talk and a lot of specualtion so lets see what happens then ey!
I knew that when the chips are down the up and coming youth expected to take Wigan to another level would be put on the back burner.
The real world has clicked in. You can only afford to bring in youth maybe one or two over a season.You can not just flood a team with youth then expect world class performances. I like the thought of Dobson coming in from Catalan.I dont knock Moran but the team needs to have both competition and cover for this important key position.
TO CAP THIS COMMENT I THINK OUR EXISTING TEAM WILL BEAT THE SAINTS ON SATURDAY
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

it says were after dobson on sky sports website

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 61,00.html
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

damien morrissey posted:
Dobson for me looks highly unlikely it would require Morans Dissmisal or transfer and then Dobson getting a work permit within the next five weeks to make any difference.
Well it will have to be one or the other as they are both quota players.

I suppose the third alternative is that club could decide to pay Moran up while paying Dobson not a great deal of money as he is only 19.

If Dobson wants to play for £20K or less for the experience it would be taking advantage of the kid to a degree but would allow Wigan to pay Moran's contract up and stick under the cap.

The net result would be the club would be paying whatever salary Moran earns for their scrum half but it would just be that they were not paying it to the one in the team! Bizarre but possible!

Dave
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

DaveO posted:
damien morrissey posted:
Dobson for me looks highly unlikely it would require Morans Dissmisal or transfer and then Dobson getting a work permit within the next five weeks to make any difference.
Well it will have to be one or the other as they are both quota players.

I suppose the third alternative is that club could decide to pay Moran up while paying Dobson not a great deal of money as he is only 19.

If Dobson wants to play for £20K or less for the experience it would be taking advantage of the kid to a degree but would allow Wigan to pay Moran's contract up and stick under the cap.

The net result would be the club would be paying whatever salary Moran earns for their scrum half but it would just be that they were not paying it to the one in the team! Bizarre but possible!

Dave
From what i have read it sounds like the stumbling block is more the quota and a work permit than salary cap.If he did sign and we went over the cap i wouldnt argue with losing 2 point in next years SL, at the moment we seem to be improving defensively yet we are inept in attack. If he can offer us more then sod the cap i would rather stay up.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pieater-alex posted:
AS FOR THE SALARY CAP WELL IF WILKES GOES AND JONKERS GOES BACK SALFORD YOU JUST DONT NO DO YOU
I don't think Jonkers affects the salary cap, he was only here on a short-term loan which must be nearly ended now. The Salford matchday programme on Friday was a bit strange, with Jonkers being listed as both a Salford player and a Wigan player...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
antonlevay

Post by antonlevay »

just to free up a spot what about dallas retiring earlier
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

no way sell moran cas :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME