Pie eaters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ping

Re: Pie eaters

Post by ping »

Guys let them have there day, we have a depleted team, away match and a ref that like's seeing him self on the big screen. just be patiant we were in the same state last year.wait till they come to the JJB see who has the last laugh !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
ian.birchall

Leeds @ JJB

Post by ian.birchall »

I seem to half remember that the match at the JJB last season was the only one the Whinos managed to win!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

YES! i mirror your thoughts exactly about the humble pies being "a not bad team" but this unofficial web site is easily the best to their credit.. :conf:
wendy

Post by wendy »

well what can i say wigan lost again i have watched 3 games and they have lost 2 of them. all i can say stop selling all our good talent and start getting rid of the old foggies come on the management start using your head and not your ------------- [/b]
the pie man

Post by the pie man »

warrior...i am a proper fan..i dont wear rose tinted specs..i see what i see ,not what i hope to see ....we r not good enough and the older players u keep banging on about r too old and the young uns arnt up to it ...its time uncle mo got his wallet out ,got some decent players and got rid of the dead wood
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

the pie man posted:
warrior...i am a proper fan..i dont wear rose tinted specs..i see what i see ,not what i hope to see ....we r not good enough and the older players u keep banging on about r too old and the young uns arnt up to it ...its time uncle mo got his wallet out ,got some decent players and got rid of the dead wood
Aren't there things called contracts which stop us getting rid of players? There are always exceptions, but who exactly are you thinking of getting rid of? Lam has to be one contender, I hope he will be as good as ever on his return and play a big part in our return to form, but there's no guarantee and I maybe wouldn't have offered him a contract given the nature of the injury. The other senior players are Cassidy, O'Connor, Smith, Pongia, Rads, Carney, Dallas and Farrell. Are you saying these players have contributed to the bad start to the season, with Cassidy and Faz not even having played yet? Who would you replace any one of these players with - are there any replacements even available with the season having started? I don't see any point in replacing any of these players, there's nobody that springs to mind immediately as being available and better than anyone we've got.

The same goes for the young players. Circumstances dictate that we throw in the kids younger than at other clubs, but that has always been the Wigan way hence why the likes of Faz and Cassidy get testimonials long before their 30th birthdays. But you can't expect kids to be at Superleague level immediately, they need to learn off the senior players. The problem is many of our senior players have been unavailable so there's been no-one for them to learn from.

Money won't necessarily fix anything. They could pay me (if I were a rugby player) £1 million to play but that doesn't mean I'd fit in at Wigan, or that I'd even want to leave my current club. In the last couple of years we've bought Aussie internationals in O'Neill and Ainscough, neither fitted into the Wigan team but I bet they weren't cheap. Hodgeson and Aspinwall, both kids, are far better than Ainscough in my opinion.

I agree things are not great at the moment, but let's wait until we've got our players back before making rash judgements and making too many changes.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

The fact that there was a biest ref didnet help and the W****r with the flag didnt help either. But all true wigan fans will be for life and carry on singin through bad patches and sing louder on the good ones. Has enyone else noticed that @ away games the other fans only sing when there winnin! and people who put us down when we have so many injures ovuisly dont understand rugby league!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think everyone tends to sing more when they're winning. To be honest I thought we've been relatively quiet this season, especially at home. Odsal was probably the loudest crowd we've had.

As for Leeds fans being happy at beating us they are bound to be, their team was better. We win some we lose some, but hopefully we win more.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Fraggles post

Post by Mike »

Some good points Fraggle.

Another factor stopping any recruitment is the salary cap. We can't afford to bring in any players anyway - unless they play for a pittance, or are contracted to Orrell ro something.

I don't think this is whats stopping us though - all Fraggles points about player availability etc are the real cause. If we wanted to buy Senior today and had the money, do you think we could - Leeds wouldn't let it happen unless a ridiculous fee was involved.

What worries me about our team is the lack of size. Compared to Leeds, Bradford, Saints and other clubs in the Super League we are just not physically big enough accross the pitch. We are always going to struggle in the last quarter of the match as the kids tire after making so many tackles against larger opponents. One-on-one tackles are going to be missed because of size mismatches.

I think Mike Gregory is making a tactical mistake at the moment by emphasising the physical side of the game over and above the skill and pace side. I know that you have to match Bradford in the first 20 with physical play, but after that we are always going to fade badly.

The kids just can be expected to bash larger teams, but what they do have is skill, pace and enthusiasm.
I would suggest a more flair-based, skillful and pacey game would suit the current Wigan personel, rather than the current emphasis on collision. :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !!

Post by LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! »

lol ye woteva! :lol: