Dobson signs - MORAN GONE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: MORAN GONE

Post by DaveO »

Dawber posted:
I heard the news on BBC Radio Manchester on my way home from work, They said Wigan are to pay up for the remaining 6 months of his contract, So if he lands another club straight away he will have made a few bob don't you think?.
Yep but if I was him I'd seriously think about taking the money and going on a long holiday. He has had a torrid time of late and he is supposed to be retiring at the end of the season anyway. I reckon a rest might do him good and if he doesn't want to retire next year he might come back for an NL1 side (hopefully not us!) next season refreshed.

I can't see any side offering him shed loads of cash to play for them and most SL sides have a full quota anyway (I think). You have to wonder if he sees much point in taking the battering RL players do when he is quids in for not a great deal more in cash.

Widnes who lost Peachy would appear to be the obvious choice for him to go to.

Dave
Nine

Post by Nine »

Moron gone, Dobson - with a good kicking game, good vision and good distribution - in his place. Cost us a fortune? Who cares? Turned out nice again!! :D :D

Still not expecting a miracle on Saturday but, by heck, I've got some hope back for the season. :cool:
Squad number 18!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

im glad hes gone :D . its like everybody who leaves wigan they always become a good player again.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Susi

Post by Susi »

Deep joy and salutations, can't say how glad i am to hear he gone.
Lets hope we pick up now, and go on to be 8th in league :wink:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I think everyone (including Moran) realised that he has had a serious dip in form. However, you have to remember that Moran at London scored most of his tries as a support player and was brought to Wigan to support the likes of Newton and Faz.
We then needed him to become a creative Scrum Half which is something he clearly was not suitable for.
sorry that it had to end this way and I think it is unfair to accuse him of not trying or being a poo player. It's just that he does not seem to have the flair required to create the gaps that we are so desperate for. Flashes have been seen in recent games, but these have been outnumbered by senseless passes or very very poor kicks down the throats of various full backs (non so worse that the ones at the last Wakey game).
It's a shame when any player has to leave a club this way and good luck to him for the rest of the season wherever he may go (unless it's London, Cas or Wakey).
Dobson, welcome to the greatest team in the world and hope you can cope with the pressure and expectations.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

nice one A to B
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Well said A to B :eusa2:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Dobson is not the answer and neither are Hill,McAvoy,Wilkes or James.
This club is in a desperate state brought about by mind-bogglingly dumb management for far too long.
I like Noble both as a person and a coach and he has had to change things at halfback but he hit the nail on the head when he said there are very few players available.Dobson in an ideal world would not have made the top ten half backs on his Christmas list.
Wigan are clutching at straws.
Agreed, but at least they are seen to be doing something. I have posted elsewhere, however, that our existing squad - including Moran - should in no way be 5 points adrift.

I just hope the kid doesn't crumble - this is Wigan, not Perpignan.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Just found out, great news, extremely happy, tears in my eyes :tong: :eusa3: :eusa2: :xmas: :turn: :sati: :lol1:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would not put Dobson in that group. He is a talented player, done very well at all levels so far and BETTER than Moran. He also frees Noble from having to pick Tickle.